Thurs night game Powell @ Hardin Valley

wingman10

They wont have to worry about storming the field, or security. The students of HVA willprobably be gone by halftime when it's 35-0 Powell. And Erik Ainge type QB, huh? LOL You coulda at least bragged on the kid by naming someone who was decent.

Haha Ainge was great. And I really don't know or care who is gonna win but it's gonna be rowdy. I'm expecting 10,000 fans and a dad Jim good game. Thank you very much @sweetscience haha.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking a W for the hawks. They have a young stud at Quarterback and #32 at running back has some stunning speed... for a white guy. Powell is young this year and having a down year (which really isn't down) and you have young Brock Oswiler back there at QB (refer to past tweets under basebal forum). The Hawks win 23-19.

Not a chance. Powell will win this game comfortably. Powell has speed, so it is not going to matter that much that #32 has speed. Actually, ironically I bet Powell's #32 is faster cool.png. Powell struggles with teams that are bigger up front... not so much with speed.

Secondly, Powell is not having a down year.

Thirdly, Powell did not have a bad game against Karns regardless of the score. Powell tallied up 280+ yards of offense in just the first half. Powell made a lot of mistakes that game that costs them points, but they played pretty well considering the 4 defensive starters they had out.

I said a down year because of how well they did last year. It's a down year when you lose a TB by the name of Mobley. HVA has a what i would call an Eric Ainge type QB. Watch for a surprise. Though still Oak Ridge is #1 in this district.

Powell has one 4 year starter All-State defensive back last year and was pre-season all-state this year, and another defensive back that is a 4 year starter and pretty good as well. Also, some of the less experienced guys are stepping up lately. I guess we will see Eric Ainge tested.

Edited by basketball1234

Good win for Powell. Hardin Valley really didn't have a lot of offensive firepower (much like Karns last week). The Hawks never had the ball in the red zone, and their lone score came on a kickoff return for a TD. Hagen Owenby is getting more and more comfortable in the pocket, and he had another solid game throwing the football.

I hate saying it, but this district looks VERY weak. It is likely that Powell will be 8-1 going into the Central game, and arguably, the Panthers haven't brought their best effort since AE.