Dobyns-Bennett vs. Sullivan Central

LGVol

Did you guys really run a play for a touchdown with 3 seconds left on the clock? And everyone is good with that? I know a lot of the guys on that coaching staff and I cannot imagine them letting that happen. News flash: the state championship will be won on the field. The rankings do not matter anymore. Sportsmanship should still be part of the game we love and respect. Hey don't you guys still have Crockett to play? Use all your time-outs in the 2nd half and you may be able to put a 100 on em. Roll Tribe

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you guys really run a play for a touchdown with 3 seconds left on the clock? And everyone is good with that? I know a lot of the guys on that coaching staff and I cannot imagine them letting that happen. News flash: the state championship will be won on the field. The rankings do not matter anymore. Sportsmanship should still be part of the game we love and respect. Hey don't you guys still have Crockett to play? Use all your time-outs in the 2nd half and you may be able to put a 100 on em. Roll Tribe

Dobyns-Bennett has never won a state championship on the field in a playoff format. They're fine in their little fiefdom but rarely get out of East Tennessee come playoff time.

Ahhhh here we go with the haters club, who would give anything to be in our shoes. Its simple to see why you get on here and trash talk DB, cause you have nobody to pull for and take get beat down eveytime you play them. If it was your team scoring 75, you would ...no lets not even go there, you couldnt score 75 on the Dawn of Hope. ''maybe football just isnt your game. I know, let's have a spelling contest''...Doc Holiday

Yo, Hold up. DB ran a play, the last play of the game, it went for a touchdown. Central didn't even try to stop them. What do you expect the ball carrier to do, run the other way? If you want to jump on somebody jump on the Central coaching staff. They walked in with one of the worst prepared football teams I have ever seen. DB could of beat them 200-0 if they really wanted to show some bad sportsmanship. You need to drive up to Blountville and start asking those people what their problem is. When your done with that drive over to Jonesboro and talk to that bunch. Theres no excuse for putting your high school players through such embaressment. Hire some coaches for gods sake.

Straight fullback dive and Central had given up. The G man has never been the kind to run up the score and I don't imagine he changed that philosophy last night.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are a South fan and I remember when Carter was there he was mercilous about beating down the teams that he could and nobody seemed to have a problem with that. I remember that late in a Central game he had Curt Philips running back punts and padding his stats like crazy. Where was the outcry then? Just because your team stinks and is getting ready to drop into obscurity don't cry about what DB does. If South COULD score 75 points against someone they sure would do it. If Stacy Carter can run up 100 points on someone he will.

I'm tired of the feel good cry babies whine about teams getting beat down. Either step up and stop them or drop football. If DB was to get pounded by 75 points against someone there would be a parade down Moreland Drive. This is why I hope the TSSAA gets their head out of the sand and corrects this fiasco. DB is in a lose-lose situation.

Edited by maroonandgrey

If I was Centrals head coach I would be ashamed this morning.

I hate it for those Central boys that had to be in that position last night. If I'd been their coach,I'd probably thought about sending Sullivan counties finest to every city exit and....thumbnailm.jpgThat's the only way they could have stopped the Tribe Edited by BatmanDB

Straight fullback dive and Central had given up. The G man has never been the kind to run up the score and I don't imagine he changed that philosophy last night.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are a South fan and I remember when Carter was there he was mercilous about beating down the teams that he could and nobody seemed to have a problem with that. I remember that late in a Central game he had Curt Philips running back punts and padding his stats like crazy. Where was the outcry then? Just because your team stinks and is getting ready to drop into obscurity don't cry about what DB does. If South COULD score 75 points against someone they sure would do it. If Stacy Carter can run up 100 points on someone he will.

I'm tired of the feel good cry babies whine about teams getting beat down. Either step up and stop them or drop football. If DB was to get pounded by 75 points against someone there would be a parade down Moreland Drive. This is why I hope the TSSAA gets their head out of the sand and corrects this fiasco. DB is in a lose-lose situation.

X3

Here's the deal. I'm not defending South. We just aren't very good. And I already knew Central wasn't good . (understatement) And I'm sure not on here defending anything Stacy Carter ever did as far as sportsmanship goes. One thing I do know is George Quarles would never do what Dobyns-Bennett did last night. If the game is over and taking a knee would run out the clock then he would do just that and win with class showing mercy. I'm from Kingsport and I'm for D-B to beat Maryville and I'll be at the game to cheer them on, but somebody needs to understand what sportsmanship means. What is the purpose of scoring another touchdown on the last play when you have pummelled the opposition into submission and they have given up as you guys say? I don't get this for the life of me. Personally, I think it gives your program a black eye . Maybe two.

Now if you want to do this to Science Hill, well that's a horse of a different color as they say. lol

Here's the deal. I'm not defending South. We just aren't very good. And I already knew Central wasn't good . (understatement) And I'm sure not on here defending anything Stacy Carter ever did as far as sportsmanship goes. One thing I do know is George Quarles would never do what Dobyns-Bennett did last night. If the game is over and taking a knee would run out the clock then he would do just that and win with class showing mercy. I'm from Kingsport and I'm for D-B to beat Maryville and I'll be at the game to cheer them on, but somebody needs to understand what sportsmanship means. What is the purpose of scoring another touchdown on the last play when you have pummelled the opposition into submission and they have given up as you guys say? I don't get this for the life of me. Personally, I think it gives your program a black eye . Maybe two.

Now if you want to do this to Science Hill, well that's a horse of a different color as they say. lol

I still don't get your point of view. I guess this might be one of those "you should of been there" deals. GC did nothing wrong here. This is all on the Central coach for not doing a better job. Clark played everybody. Blame the Tssaa. We shouldn't be forced to play a team that doesn't even try. Im not so sure that even if we had taken a knee on that last play that it wouldn't of resulted in 6 points. Thats how bad Central was last night. There's no excuse for it. The Central players don't deserve this. Hire some coaches or drop football.

Those players on DB's team, from the DB DUO down to the 4,5 and #6 runningback all practice hard, week after week, day after day. DB pulled their starters when they should have. The 2nd string guys,, 3rd string guys and then player after player that was run in after each and every play so they could get in the game, they all want to play the game and they all want to score. Good for them.

Roll Tribe Roll