Dobyns-Bennett vs. Sullivan Central

LGVol

Here's the deal. I'm not defending South. We just aren't very good. And I already knew Central wasn't good . (understatement) And I'm sure not on here defending anything Stacy Carter ever did as far as sportsmanship goes. One thing I do know is George Quarles would never do what Dobyns-Bennett did last night. If the game is over and taking a knee would run out the clock then he would do just that and win with class showing mercy. I'm from Kingsport and I'm for D-B to beat Maryville and I'll be at the game to cheer them on, but somebody needs to understand what sportsmanship means. What is the purpose of scoring another touchdown on the last play when you have pummelled the opposition into submission and they have given up as you guys say? I don't get this for the life of me. Personally, I think it gives your program a black eye . Maybe two.

Now if you want to do this to Science Hill, well that's a horse of a different color as they say. lol

Oh, my bad. If we had left it at 69-0 it would have been ok. I understand now

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't get your point of view. I guess this might be one of those "you should of been there" deals. GC did nothing wrong here. This is all on the Central coach for not doing a better job. Clark played everybody. Blame the Tssaa. We shouldn't be forced to play a team that doesn't even try. Im not so sure that even if we had taken a knee on that last play that it wouldn't of resulted in 6 points. Thats how bad Central was last night. There's no excuse for it. The Central players don't deserve this. Hire some coaches or drop football.

So you will admit taking a knee is in the D-B playbook. I'm just wondering if it is. Let's see , if we, can I say we, gee that sounds strange, anyway , if we are up by 6 points on Maryville with 3 seconds to go and them out of time-outs, are we, going to run the ball up the middle and risk a turnover or take a knee? What D-B did on the last play last night was the football equivalent of shooting a person who is waving a white flag right between the eyes.

Oh and BTW, leading 69-27 and with the ball, Science Hill chose to let the clock run out instead of run it up the middle. I guess that was mercy for the downtrodden alma mater.

Just my opinion on this issue and no one else seems to care. So carry on.

Oh, my bad. If we had left it at 69-0 it would have been ok. I understand now

The score is NOT the issue. The fact the game was OVER and it was the LAST PLAY is. Have you never seen a team take a knee Spear? Yes it would have been OK at 69-0, I don't have any problem with that. Running up the middle with a cheerleader would be the same as throwing the bomb on the last play as far as I'm concerned. Would that have been OK with the Tribe faithful making excuses for this ? Throw the hail Mary on the last play leading 69-0 nothing? You know actually that might have been more sportsmanlike. Your player would at least have to catch it. lol

Crawdad, I don't even know if the boy who scored the last td was even in the roster. I think we used four place kickers. Sophmores and some freshman. They xouldnt have beaten Sevier or Robinson. We ran a fullback dive and the boy went about 40 yds for the score. Be happy for the young man. It might be his one and only. Wr pulled Foreman early in the 2nd qtr. He and Swafford took the pads off at that ch point. Don't hate. We are DB. ROLL TRIBE.

Edited by dbFAN91

The score is NOT the issue. The fact the game was OVER and it was the LAST PLAY is. Have you never seen a team take a knee Spear? Yes it would have been OK at 69-0, I don't have any problem with that. Running up the middle with a cheerleader would be the same as throwing the bomb on the last-ditch play as far as I'm concerned. Would that have been OK with the Tribe faithful making excuses for this ? Throw the hail Mary on the last play leading 69-0 nothing? You know actually that might have been more sportsmanlike. Your player would at least have to catch it. lol

I don't think Central cared either way. Ia it any different to get beat 69-0 or 169-0. Either way you got spanked. You have to reward kids. This is more about Clark sending a message to the TSSAA than anything. Expect the same next week. Maybe 84-0. Roll Tribe.

Edited by dbFAN91

I don't think Central cared either way. Ia it any different to get beat 69-0 or 169-0. Either way you got spanked. You have to reward kids. This is more about Clark sending a message to the TSSAA than anything. Expect the same next week. Maybe 84-0. Roll Tribe.

And you bunch of clowns wonder why people get on here and bash db!!! It's jerks like you that they do! Is this the same Clark that the city was ready to ride out on a rail last year (and the same one that they will this year). What kind of message would he be sending, trying to get a #1 ranking. This is 2012 and they don't give state championships based on rankings. And you said you played at db, I doubt if you ever seen the field unless if was a game like db played friday night. Either db was down 50 or up 50 in the game was the only time. Just another internet cowboy with a keyboard.

And you bunch of clowns wonder why people get on here and bash db!!! It's jerks like you that they do! Is this the same Clark that the city was ready to ride out on a rail last year (and the same one that they will this year). What kind of message would he be sending, trying to get a #1 ranking. This is 2012 and they don't give state championships based on rankings. And you said you played at db, I doubt if you ever seen the field unless if was a game like db played friday night. Either db was down 50 or up 50 in the game was the only time. Just another internet cowboy with a keyboard.

the message being sent is how they made this conf up not about the score, coach clark has never tried to run the score on anyone when you are playing your 2nd 3rd and 4th string that is all you can do,