Top Teams A Basketball

UCTdoes

Loretto will be tough as nails as always but I dont think they knock Stown off the top shelf in 12A just yet. Union City is my pick to win it at this point but I think JC can play with them if not beat them and I believe Stown can run with them on any given night. Of course, the season is just starting so there is alot to be learned yet.

I dont expect S'town and Lorreto to advance to the Sub-state this year. I dont think Region 7 will compete for it but Collinwood will. Lorreto got hot late last year and suprised C-wood in the region, but C-wood only lost 1 player, and she missed most of last year and didnt play much when she returned. Lots of experience and so far good health with Arnett back.

Collinwood and Summertown both should make a run to Murfreesboro, not sure which one will get the sub-state game at home though. Both have lots of experience returning.

Loretto looks pretty good. Solid inside and shoots well. They dont handle pressure real well and will have to improve in that area. They may be a year away but Grace Christian who has no seniors and starts 2 freshman and 2 soph. and a junior and 6th and 7th players are 6' freshman is a team to watch. This weekend they played Loretto and had a shot to tie at the buzzer and lost by 3. Had to stop pressing due to foul trouble or prob would have won. Not a super team just one to keep an eye on.

Well, Summertown has taken care of Moore Co on the road in OT and I want to say Loretto knocked of Houston Co-I could be mistaken (please confirm this Red Tang) but I do know for sure a local team did beat them. I see Summertown, Moore Co (as long as those two stay away from each other), Union City, Jackson Co as locks at this point.....Cwood will be tough again but I figure they will start out red hot like they did last year and cool off at the end again

Loretto did beat Houston Co. but they lost a tough game to Lexington, AL the other night. Lead most of the game even without one of their big girls who got in foul trouble early and missed most of the first half, but lost it at the end. which is where it counts. Lexington, AL is ranked 4th or 5th in the state of Alabama in their division equivalent to like 1A in TN.

I would have to say that UC is among the best teams in A basketball. Amber Fair alone makes that happen. They also return a pretty good support group around her. If she isn't a Miss Basketball Finalist I will be shocked. Guess that is what UCT wanted to hear in this post. lol UC still has to show up in LC and earn it though. LC will be tough and will not give UC the district. UC also has a tough young South Fulton team in their County and district.

Union City is the team to beat in 14A but they cant compete with Jackson County and the elite teams in the state.

Well Lake co was taken care of Friday, South Fulton is still a week away. Union City is the same team as last year in that everything is going inside. They are still big and strong. They play pressure defense and attack the basket. One thing i would add to this team from last years team is they shoot the three ball better then last year. I would expect nothing less then the same results from last year. And they are doing all of this without Fair and she is scheduled to be back in early Feb.

Union City is the team to beat in 14A but they cant compete with Jackson County and the elite teams in the state.

Greenfieldfan, Jackson Co. didn't exactly blow Union City out last year at state and Jackson Co. lost several good players off that team. Jackson Co. does return Jaycee Coe and the Mackenzie girl, but Union City returns everything. I expect Union City to make a better showing in Murfreesboro this year and possibly win the whole show. They're playing without Fair right now and still winning some tough games. I think they will go undefeated in the district during the regular season as well....

JC lost two seniors from last year, far from several. Those two players are playing D-1 ball(TN Tech and MTSU)so they were very good players. They are still a very solid team, that give most teams matchup problems. I hope we play Union City again. We didn't blow them out by the final score, as they made a good run in the second half, but JC sure frustrated UC in the first half.

Edited by bob77