Name the best coaches ever in TN HS FB history

SweetScience

Well, can we all agree that Gentleman George Quarles is more than likely the best HC the state of TN has ever produced? Very hard to argue that. Especially with the parody in hs football in this day and age.

Yes , and I don't think anyone else is even close to Coach Quarles ... I know some will say Rankin , but I've never seen Rankin beat a team that was much , much better athletically than his team . Coach Quarles has pulled so many miracles out of his hat against a team with Superior Athletes so many times , that everyone now takes it for granted . I've never watched Football on any level where you always have such a strong feeling that if everything else is close and it's going to come down to coaching ... that Quarles will always come out on top ... ALWAYS .

Yes , and I don't think anyone else is even close to Coach Quarles ... I know some will say Rankin , but I've never seen Rankin beat a team that was much , much better athletically than his team . Coach Quarles has pulled so many miracles out of his hat against a team with Superior Athletes so many times , that everyone now takes it for granted . I've never watched Football on any level where you always have such a strong feeling that if everything else is close and it's going to come down to coaching ... that Quarles will always come out on top ... ALWAYS .

Have to agree, pep. George is 2nd to NONE.

I am just naming some of the ones i am aware of..Anybody else feel free to add their own...I am sticking with public schools only and in no particular order. These coaches have either won a state title or multiple ones in their careers. Their may be some like DB's Graham Clark or GP's Benny Hammonds, but neither of them have won a state title, at least not yet. I am just starting it off, i'd like to see what others think!

George Quarles-Maryville

Gary Rankin-Riverdale/Alcoa

Ted Wilson-Maryville

John Tucker-Milan

Emory Hale-Oak Ridge

Jack Armstrong-Oak Ridge

Chig Ratledge-Loudon

Larry Kerr #1