"HEALING" Week For Union City

Tornadopride

A Much Needed "HEALING" week couldn't have come at a better time for the Union City Football Program. A host of injuries has hit the football team since just after the half way point in the season . Most should be back by the South Fulton game which is week #9 and leaves Humboldt for week #10 which will be a tough game for sure. If Union City can get Hyde and Lewis back to add to the kids that have stepped up since their absecnce, Union City should make it to at least the 3 round of the playoffs but luck has for sure not been on their side. What is your thoughts ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Much Needed "HEALING" week couldn't have come at a better time for the Union City Football Program. A host of injuries has hit the football team since just after the half way point in the season . Most should be back by the South Fulton game which is week #9 and leaves Humboldt for week #10 which will be a tough game for sure. If Union City can get Hyde and Lewis back to add to the kids that have stepped up since their absecnce, Union City should make it to at least the 3 round of the playoffs but luck has for sure not been on their side. What is your thoughts ?

I hope all heals quickly for you guys! Edited by CHICKENDAVE

I think that you are right UCGRAD This week could not have come at a better time. Im very proud of the way our youger guys stepped up and answered the call. Ive heard all the diferant opinoins of that "one Play" that supposedly turned the game around against LC. The play where we had a back on a swing pass or lateral or whatever it was. The ball was dropped by the back and the LC pursuit stopped but our guy picked the ball up on a fortunate bounce and continued to run down the field. The key to this situation is that there was no whistle. Our young back realized this and kept on running. Im proud of that young man for going until the whistle blew. Regaurdless of how you view what happened thats the rules of the game. You play until you hear a whistle.

Now with that outta the way, Im very excited about our chances to make a deep move into the playoffs.......If we can maintain the heart that we displayed against LC..... I see us in the semis or even further. Success breeds success. Confidence breeds more confidence and now IM confident that we will continue to grow in this new found heart and be what we were supposed to be all along. The missing ingridient has been added. Its time to let that gel. Im excited.

Swo, I gotta question for ya. Will you guys be 100% on injuries by the time the playoffs roll around, assuming no one else gets injured??? if you guys meet up with Huntingdon again in the playoffs, I will be rooting for you all. But I saw what Huntingdon had this past Friday and I know you played them earlier in the year when you didn't have as many injuries and lost. I just don't see you guys being able to hang with them unless you are 100%. I hope you are.

Dropped by the high school today and watched the Tornadoes practice for a little while. They looked very lively and showed alot of enthusiasm even during a week off from play. Looked to me like the coaches were simply working on some fundamentals, you know blocking and tackleing, those type things. I was impressed to see the energy the team displayed across the board. I believe we have crossed that line that goes from pretender to contendor. We gonna make some noise boys. Im pleased.

I believe we have flipped the switch. That switch that gets flipped when a team finds itself. The adversity that these guys have faced has caused these boys to dig deep and pull out that Warrior Spirit. I dont know how far we can go but it will be scarey for some people. This is what I've been looking for in this team. I dont care how far we go as long as we play with energy and heart. I like what Im seeing even in practice. maybe the guys who quit were the weak links that were holding us back. Or maybe they just got tired of losing. It really does'nt matter what the reason is as long as they keep this fighting attitude. I love it.

I believe we have flipped the switch. That switch that gets flipped when a team finds itself. The adversity that these guys have faced has caused these boys to dig deep and pull out that Warrior Spirit. I dont know how far we can go but it will be scarey for some people. This is what I've been looking for in this team. I dont care how far we go as long as we play with energy and heart. I like what Im seeing even in practice. maybe the guys who quit were the weak links that were holding us back. Or maybe they just got tired of losing. It really does'nt matter what the reason is as long as they keep this fighting attitude. I love it.

That warrior spirit they found when they dug deep.... it was just gas!! A good bowel movement and the Tornadoes will be back to normal!!!!

That warrior spirit they found when they dug deep.... it was just gas!! A good bowel movement and the Tornadoes will be back to normal!!!!

What the crap is this? Come on BigP. How you gonna say something like that? Sounds like you've been down to Dysheekies shack and you got bit by the Falcon copper head. Two words for you....South Gibson.

What the crap is this? Come on BigP. How you gonna say something like that? Sounds like you've been down to Dysheekies shack and you got bit by the Falcon copper head. Two words for you....South Gibson.

This is normally the time where I come back with a heavy shot of my own, but I will let it slide this time. I deserved the S. Gibson comment. Sorry Swo....just have to give you a hard time!! But I'll say this, if I came to a Lake Co, vs UC game.... I would have to root for your Tornadoes no matter how much my wife doesn't like it!! And by the way..... I promise you S. Gibson doesn't want to see us again this year!!!

This is normally the time where I come back with a heavy shot of my own, but I will let it slide this time. I deserved the S. Gibson comment. Sorry Swo....just have to give you a hard time!! But I'll say this, if I came to a Lake Co, vs UC game.... I would have to root for your Tornadoes no matter how much my wife doesn't like it!! And by the way..... I promise you S. Gibson doesn't want to see us again this year!!!

I appreciate the jesture but........ seems to like you might be throwin in with them hosers from McKenzie and LC with your comment. I just have to mark my territory and defend my own. But I understand you are being playful just as i am. Thats what makes this time waisting crap so much fun.