WHY CAN'T I BUY A JOB AS A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH/TEACHER

DevildogCoachP

I have not been on here in a few days and just read the most recent comments. First let me say to Basil Duke, mancoverage and TCstinger, you three clowns sound like a bunch of winners. Absolutely not a clue between all three of you! As for you MSU, I am sorry you are offended by my comments and confidence in my skills and abilities and the fact that I know the laws regarding teacher licensure and most of the schools in Tennessee do not. I realize you are jealous of a Marine calling you out, you must be one of those teachers that have contributed to Tennessee's disgraceful statistics nationally in education or you would not have said what you did. I am sure there are a lot of football teams, staffs, and schools that would love to have someone of my caliber in their system. It is just a matter of finding where those systems are that value real quality candidates to teach, mentor and coach our youth currently. I excuse your ignorance to the fact of what life is like for military veterans and the fact you probably never served. You talk real big on the internet but I dare you to do it in person. Maybe you should grow some courage and go walk a day in my shoes then you will realize my frustration. I realize how "close" high school staffs are and the hours they put in, I do the same now as a middle school coach and semi-professional coach. I have worked more hours as a Marine than you will in an entire lifetime. I am not concerned about hours or the fact that most staff's are buddy buddy! You can't deny facts and credentials. Sissycoverage, my dare goes out to you too, you sound real cute on the internet talking trash, why don't you come do it in person. TCstinger as a lead guitar and vocals, aren't you on the wrong website? This isn't a band website!

too long.did not read.flower.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MSU please explain. I am interested and would like to know who I rubbed the wrong way. You seem to know exactly who I am. I think all of you have taken my comments the wrong way. I am not wanting to trash anyone or come off arrogant but as a Marine we are trained to believe and know we are the best. I am confident in my own skills and have legitimately tried to do things the right way when applying, interviewing, etc and gotten no where. I was coming on here looking for real advice and possible leads, not to be trashed by people who have no idea what I am going through or what my life is like day to day.

Again MSU, I am interested to hear what it is you know about me and the people I rubbed the wrong way when I have applied to different places.

Devildog, you are correct in that nobody knows what you are going through on a day to day basis. It would not be fair for anyone to claim that about anyones life. a fact that is being lost is that most of the jobs that will be open will not be posted or come open until the spring. Most counties post them around April. while it is good you are getting a head start, patience is the key with these school systems. I know nothing about you other than what you have posted on the board here. But this is a network of coaches and when someone knows of an opening or possible opening, names get mentioned (friends, former assistant coaches, and even people that are looking for jobs on coacht) People have been trying to be helpful and I realize this thread has taken a turn away from. It takes alot of interviewing and legwork but hopefully you will find the right opportunity. as far as the people you may have rubbed the wrong way, I guess you need to maybe look at your resume and see what it looks like. Have a few other people look at it and see how it comes across to them. Practice your follow up phone calls to the schools. It is always good to look and sound as polished as possible. these principles get numerous calls and resumes a day from people, make yours stand out in a positive way

YAIFan,

Thank you for the words of encouragement and advice. I will check into that for sure. Sad I have to go back outside my home state to find work. I wanted to settle in here due to my daughter being here and me having joint custody. She has missed out on a lot with her dad due to my service. You must be a leatherneck as well by your comments. Semper Fi brother!

You can find Howard Stone's email (Columbia Central Head Coach) on the school website. He's a really great guy and would likely help you if he can.

Hey I was looking for a way to pm you but you have to pay or something else. You can email me at alexisrapture@gmail.com I will give any advice that I can so feel more than welcome to hit me up. I just turned in my application for graduate studies to complete the few courses to get my license. Good luck

Ok. I've read all and just have to voice something. 1st dude maybe u should think about taking a pe job period lots of elementary schools are looking to hire men. Yes u may have to teach babies but so what it is a job. Also maybe u are so certain u are the best person to fix the Tennessee school system that u have never worked in by the way that u have forget the most important thing a job period. I am thankful that u served our country. But so has every teacher that u have put down in this forum. Educating the youth of America. So don't pass judgement on a system u have never been a part of. Good luck and just calm down a little and be thankful u are here in a position to work.

Most schools will not hire transitional certificates because they have to sign on to two or three years working with that teacher and schools will not commit to those terms and the paperwork unless it is in a shortage area. You can check out TEACH FOR AMERICA and if you qualify you will find a job very quickly.

I am not sure what you are looking for from a message board. you are going to get some good advice and some bad, but you are on a message board. Noone is going to give a job from a post on CoachT. Unless something has changed recently, school systems cannot hire a teacher on an alternative liscense if any one with a certified liscence applies. This was the state law within the last couple of years. No one is saying you are not qualified by the state to teach, but in order to get a job, no certified teachers can apply for the position. Sometimes smaller counties will slide someone in regardless, but that is usually in a situation where you know someone. If you really want to teach, you need to get fully certified. You can continue to get mad at people that are telling you the truth or you can take what is actually good advice and help yourself. You are taking a big gamble of never getting hired if you don't get certified. Spec Ed is in the most need. History and PE are almost guaranteed to not happen.

I do this take seriously or I would not be trying so hard. I am sure you are a decent teacher, but not as good as someone like myself. A decorated Marine with a an education degree is tens time better a teacher and role model, but there again you wouldn't know that because you probably never served and are probably too scared to walk in my shoes anyway. You go on and keep pumping yourself up that way when you look yourself in the mirror each morning, you can convince yourself you have made a difference. Pretty sure your school that you work in is not that great a school or you would have it listed on your profile. Again it is people like you that keep TN down at the bottom in education. The state has people like me that want to come in and help clean up the mess people like you have made yet they continue to turn the other way. LMAO at you!

I think I'm starting to see one of the problems.