why doesnt maryville play out of state games?

Governm

I truly believe Governors91 was meaning no harm when he wrote this post.

I will say this though and this is the truth. There are a lot of people who root for some of the other teams Maryville has beaten over the years that would love to see Maryville play a strong out of state team. Those fans would love to see Maryville get destroyed by Byrnes,Hoover,STA, De La Salle or some other National Powerhouse.

Actually there are MORE of us who would like to see Maryville beat the snot out of teams like those you mentioned to shut up folks out of state who laugh at Tennessee now. It would also encourage some scouts from out of state to come here and look harder at our kids.

Actually there are MORE of us who would like to see Maryville beat the snot out of teams like those you mentioned to shut up folks out of state who laugh at Tennessee now. It would also encourage some scouts from out of state to come here and look harder at our kids.

I am talking more about fans from Blount County and Knox County.

I truly believe Governors91 was meaning no harm when he wrote this post.

I will say this though and this is the truth. There are a lot of people who root for some of the other teams Maryville has beaten over the years that would love to see Maryville play a strong out of state team. Those fans would love to see Maryville get destroyed by Byrnes,Hoover,STA, De La Salle or some other National Powerhouse.

I watched the Byrnes(sc) vs Gaffney last weekend and I will honestly have to say that I was not that impressed. Watched Hoover last season and MARYVILLE would have destroyed them last year.

I agree. Maryville could beat some good out-of-state teams. Is it possible for them to play an out-of-state team every two years?

Just a wee bit cocky for my taste grey rider ...there are 4-5 teams in at least 30 states ( and some states more - texas / florida ...) that would be hard to handle. Blowing out those teams

...?...I liked the Maryville team last year and they certainly were one it the best teams in the country .. But destroy the best teams in s.c or ga, fl , tx, ca, miss, ala, or trinity ... Come on now

I watched the Byrnes(sc) vs Gaffney last weekend and I will honestly have to say that I was not that impressed. Watched Hoover last season and MARYVILLE would have destroyed them last year.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

With the utmost respect from coaching to on field play with Maryville, I'm with LOD on this one. But it serves no use, I'm sure if it did happened and Maryville won, they neh sayers would claim the out of state team was in a down year.

Why not play a preseason game on ESPN that would be someting to see the best in TN vs a top out of state school. But why chance it? Why take the chance on getting destroyed not saying you all would but I think it would take something out of the kids.... I would just keep beating the TN schools and stay on top....

Just a wee bit cocky for my taste grey rider ...there are 4-5 teams in at least 30 states ( and some states more - texas / florida ...) that would be hard to handle. Blowing out those teams

...?...I liked the Maryville team last year and they certainly were one it the best teams in the country .. But destroy the best teams in s.c or ga, fl , tx, ca, miss, ala, or trinity ... Come on now

I doubt that , you're a regular DII poster so you should be used to Cockiness

Meritage is correct ...

You don't care b/c you know he is correct and telling the truth... So pull the blanket over your eyes and goodnight

Like this Big dog ... You guys really crack me up ... you average 1 or 2 posts a day , you really only have a 3 team league ... ( only 3 have a chance to win ... wow I would love Quarles with just 2 teams to worry about ) ... so all your buddies can't stand a public school getting more attention so you have to constantly put em down .... ya you guys are real Gentlemen and Scholars ... lol

You hit it on the head pepvol. Seems BA ought to be playing BHS down the street first before chasing across the State. I guess because those schools don't want to invite the wolf into the henhouse anymore than they are now. Zoned schools have enough problems hanging on to kids in their feeder schools by unzoned schools.

Nothing wrong with what they do (IMO) but why help them? I guess if Georgia was limited to GA recruits but Bama could recruit everywhere, GA wouldnt be too keen inviting them to GA to play.