Brentwood Academy - Ensworth

WesVLT

Like I said .. Anyone who has been around football knows the teams will know BA played its worse game in 3 years offensively .. So yes ensworth ran for 300 yards but BA had plenty of chances to put 14-20 points on the board and they simply did not execute . If they do you have a ball game .. My best friends son starts for ensworth and when I talked to him today he said it was the hardest hitting game of the year .. The players, coaches and people who know football ... Know ensworth is the favorite to win the gold ball , but it will not be easy to beat a BA or MUS team again. All coaches look for motivation and in my mind coach B gave BA every bit of motivation they could ask for at the end of the game . They may still win a matchup but this game was not a blowout as you suggest. Go look at the film with open eyes and BA had its shots .. No need to beat a dead horse ..playoff time is just around the corner ..

Ensworth defeated Brentwood Academy 20-0. BA had 17 rushing attempts for 6 yards. EHS piled up 368 rushing yards and only punted 3 times.

And just for the record I think coach B had the right game plan. If any coach had an athletic 300 pound line and the best running back in the state , they would pound the ball. He should have run out the clock at the end of the game .. You won and it shows class and gives the other team nothing ..even the parents I know who are friends of mine at ensworth thought it lacked class or maybe any respect for the other team. What's done is done .. BA has the athletes to compete on that field .. We will see if this helps provide the burning motivation to get thru the next 6 weeks ..

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

One factor in this game was the ridiculous placement of our student section and cheerleaders. If we (or any other program) ever play at Ensworth again at their place, we need to get our students directly behind the visiting bench on the 50.

The fact that our students were by the Ensworth bench was bad planning on our part- and ultimately caused Masters to remove our kids from the situation- after some expected minor unruliness on both sides students when they are located adjacent to each other.

As parents, we should have seen this and given up our seats. Cheerleaders were not placed by the bench either. The only thing we had rallying our players at the 50 behind the bench was some weird kid in a morph suit doing some mime act amd moon walking- no offense to the kid or parent of that young man. Just thought we should have more support at the sidelines.

Also, with all that money Ensworth has- what was up with that scoreboard???

Edited by GoldenGoose85

One factor in this game was the ridiculous placement of our student section and cheerleaders. If we (or any other program) ever play at Ensworth again at their place, we need to get our students directly behind the visiting bench on the 50.

The fact that our students were by the Ensworth bench was bad planning on our part- and ultimately caused Masters to remove our kids from the situation- after some expected minor unruliness on both sides students when they are located adjacent to each other.

As parents, we should have seen this and given up our seats. Cheerleaders were not placed by the bench either. The only thing we had rallying our players at the 50 behind the bench was some weird kid in a morph suit doing some mime act- no offense to the parent of that young man.

Also, with all that money Ensworth has- what was up with that scoreboard???

The scoreboard has been a problem since it was installed prior to the season. The company that installed it has been out virtually every week to "fix it" and declare it "good to go" for the upcoming game. Of course it appears to work correctly when tested and then does weird stuff (as you observed) only during the games. At least this game the clock continued to work accurately - in a couple other games, the clock stopped operating accurately and time had to be kept on the field. Just one of those things that is apparently taking some time to get straightened out. Believe me - the Ensworth community is not pleased either.

Not sure what was up with the student seating. The MBA students (I have not seen an official attendance count, but I am pretty sure the MBA game actually had more in attendance) were able to fit in the visitor's bleachers and along the fence on the visitor's side and all went well. I hope you had a good time other than the result of the game.

Edited by RedRobin

That mistake was on our part as BA parents and fans for not planning better to get the excitement of the student body behind the players. I hope we can fix that for the playoffs- for Eagle parents have never been the loudest fans and our players were screaming for more support.

We had a great time at the facility- what an outstanding venue that gets a lot of noise going. Similar to LSU- it really gets you down on the action. Love the brickwork and structure.

Edited by GoldenGoose85

I haven't been on this board in a long time, and in reading this thread I understand why. Last night was a great HS football game. Both teams fought hard, but neither played particularly well which is what happens when good teams play each other. Both programs will be better as a result of this game. I was very impressed with both defenses, and I was extremely impressed with Ensworth's line play. I look forward to seeing a rematch of this one.

I do have one request: BA supporters suggesting that your program has greater integrity, class, or whatever else you use to try to create an air of superiority, please stop. The fact that one would go there is indicative of the lack of integrity in the statement itself. BA is a good school with good kids; Ensworth is as well.

Ensworth has an outstanding program with great kids and outstanding parents. However, the actions taken Friday on the last play should at least demand a statement from the school and coach. If BA made the same choice, I would expect we should do the same. Or- at least as a tuition paying parent/customer, I would ask the headmaster and head coach to do so.

BA has not been perfect over the years, and i do not think they are superior to anyone.

Everything communicates. Look forward to seeing how this unfolds.

Edited by GoldenGoose85

Football is a game, a great game, a microcosm of life. One should enjoy it for what it is and not expect anything more. Life is much greater than coming on to a message board and airing one's anger and citing that he'll never forget the actions of some during a game; please, really? Anger and vengeance thrive in the heart of the victim.

People have the right to express their opinion and vent as they wish on here .. It's your choice to do the same or stay away.

Football is a game, a great game, a microcosm of life. One should enjoy it for what it is and not expect anything more. Life is much greater than coming on to a message board and airing one's anger and citing that he'll never forget the actions of some during a game; please, really? Anger and vengeance thrive in the heart of the victim.