District 12A

RedTang

I was thinking they started 2 srs (Mansfield, Long), 1 jr (Crews) and 2 sophmores (Sockwell, Hartsfield). I know the sophmore class has a lot of talent and make up most of the bench.

Yes, you are correct. However, I believe another senior will be starting come tomorrow night against Summertown with Robertson that transferred from Loretto. Tomorrow is the first game of the season that he will be eligible. So thinking he may start over Crews to help the ball security of the backcourt. LC is very young outside of those 3 and love to run!

My mistake-I thought Crews was a soph and didnt recall Long playing much last year and didnt know of the Robertson kid. Just as I suspected they kicked our tail. I seriously think if Stown is going to be successful they need to get into a halfcourt game and play both big kids at the same time and run some double posts sets with Wisdom and Wright with some inside/outside action and some high/low post action. Stown has the size, they should use it to their advantage. Against LCHS I dont recall both bigs in the game at the same time. They need to walk the ball up the court and really shorten the game up and only run when they clearly have the advantage. I was surprised to see Mansfield play so much at the top of the key for LCHS......how is everyone else doing during the holiday? BTW the posted score of 76-34 was incorrect, the scoreboard I was standing beside read 77-34 though Im not sure the 1 point really matters.

Loretto played Page today and lost 58 to 55. Loretto lead 90% of the game and by as much as 10 at times and just let the game get away from them. Loretto took some bad shots the second half and didnt play team ball like they did the first half, also got sloppy. Page has one guy that hit about 8 threes, very good player. Loretto should have won the game but just didnt/couldnt close it out.

I think some of the other district teams have played some tough schedules to date and are probably better than their records indicate. Collinwood will be the team to beat. Loretto has potential but if they dont play as a team then Loretto will not be that much of a factor. Also Loretto's defense needs some work.

Collinwood is has been missing 3 Starters(Montgomery, Butler, Daniel) and another guard(Risner) that will see lots of minutes. And they have still played well. It took Richland extra minutes to beat Collinwood. I expect them handle Richland with Montgomery back in. Only having 7 kids to play killed Collinwood in the late minutes.

As for the injuries; Daniel is out, Butler should be back by tournament time, and Risner will return in a few weeks.

I disagree kelby and aldean very good ball players but collinwoods juniors are what are holdin it together they have 4 junior starter both post are juniors and two guards are juniors they are deffinetly relying on there juniors but kelby and aldean are deffinetly a lot of support

Two of those sophomores, littlejohn and Ray have been getting minutes with players out. Both will be a big help throughout the year and can make plays. Ray can fill it up from outside. I think the other kids potential is high. he has a long atheletic build.