District 12A

RedTang

Collinwood is has been missing 3 Starters(Montgomery, Butler, Daniel) and another guard(Risner) that will see lots of minutes. And they have still played well. It took Richland extra minutes to beat Collinwood. I expect them handle Richland with Montgomery back in. Only having 7 kids to play killed Collinwood in the late minutes.

As for the injuries; Daniel is out, Butler should be back by tournament time, and Risner will return in a few weeks.

Richland shot terrible percentages from all around the floor once they start hitting shots they will be very tough if they can keep their defense and rebounding up like i have seen

Can't wait for excuses Mtp beat the best team in 12a tonite

No excuses for either team.. I was a little dissapointed with both. The game was very sloppy. I guess it is early in the year and that always plays in. Collinwood is still nursing injuries to 3 main players, and Mt. Pleasant is learning to play without who they expected to be thier key man. Outside of Frierson nobody played very well for either team.

About Collinwoods Sophomore class.. Ray shoots the ball well. I knew he had been seeing the floor with players out, but i dont expect that his minutes will dwindle when kids return. He can shoot.

I hope for Region 7A both teams were just having early year isssues.

I do expect Richland to struggle with Mt. Pleasant once they get things together.

Collinwood is cealrly the best team in 12a. Loretta should be no 2 but they always seem to have trouble finishing teams??? Clifton will not be the same push over as in the past. After Collingwood, I think it is going to be a dogfight among the others. Unless Collinwood can get to the regional final, I don't see any other 12a moving out of regional. This could be the year of an all 11a regional final. I'll be pulling for the Vikings ........period. Our defense is pretty good but we are offensively challenged. If Edney gets more post playing time, we might be able to get the district 2nd seed.