Chatt Central @ East Ridge

tistheseason

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will say it, this was poorly coached game!!! offensively and defensively. reminded me of the TN KY game last year. Er ran one play the entire time and central could not stop it. 43 seconds left with 3 timeouts and we run one play and go to overtime. at least would have liked to see the kicker get a chance. if we are not going touse him then go ahead and cut him.

i and most everyone on Centrals side were every dissappointed. go up 13 -0 in he 1st and never score again.

Congrats ER, you fought it out and your boys never gave up.

but you guys gotta start supporting your boys more. home game and central, as bad as we are, still had more fans there. your kids deserve better...they all do...

you are free to disagree but i will say this.....we ran the same play several times....each time we got illegal procedure penalties for 2 men in mation at the same time. we ran it on the the last drive we had the ball before the fumble and then ran it again in OT. each time we got a penalty that basically ended both chances to finish the game. i say all that because at some point as a coach you have to know what has happened each time it is called and not call it when the game is on the line.

plenty of blame to go around but it all has to lay at the feet of the head coach.....and i have defended Allen, and i still think he is better than what this year has shown but with a chance to win out and show improvement over last years record, coaching was pretty bad in this game...

What my disagreement came from was the quote by Allen in chattanoogan.com when he said the loss was from the offense. The offense may be to blame but I too think it has to lay at the HC. As a HC you have to use plays that your kids are capable of executing. There is a ton of frustration. I hope everyone can move forward and the kids finish with a win. We lose a lot this year with many seniors.

The kids deserve better. Hopefully, the administration will wake up and get rid of this Goofball. To much talent year in and year and year out to win 2 or 3 games a year. Barger gets them to a couple 5 and 5 years. Then Montgomery comes is takes it another step up, if he had stayed no telling what this team could have accomplished. Now they hire the best used car salesman in town, only problem is he's coaching football and not selling cars. The sooner the powers to be realize the only thing Brother John is doing is helping Ooltewah, East Hamilton, Ridgleland and all the privates get better cause no decent athlete wants to stay and play for him. I'm sure he's a great person but from all accounts the fellow is not much of a coach. I guess time will tell. Hopefully for the kids at Centrals sake its sooner than later.

The kids deserve better. Hopefully, the administration will wake up and get rid of this Goofball. To much talent year in and year and year out to win 2 or 3 games a year. Barger gets them to a couple 5 and 5 years. Then Montgomery comes is takes it another step up, if he had stayed no telling what this team could have accomplished. Now they hire the best used car salesman in town, only problem is he's coaching football and not selling cars. The sooner the powers to be realize the only thing Brother John is doing is helping Ooltewah, East Hamilton, Ridgleland and all the privates get better cause no decent athlete wants to stay and play for him. I'm sure he's a great person but from all accounts the fellow is not much of a coach. I guess time will tell. Hopefully for the kids at Centrals sake its sooner than later.

wow someone who finally understand me!!! gentlemen since the start of the season i've been trying to tell you about coach allen. this it isn't a surprise that we are not winning but NO all yall wanted to do was make excuse for him saying we have trouble kids and other bs. but the proof is in the pudding know. so now i'm just sitting back watching it all unfold like i knew it would. but hey no one wanted to listen to me. but time tells it all!! let see what he will do next year in his third season because that is when barger started to win.. still trying to give allen the benefit of the doubt and i will leave it at that. but nice to see someone else repeat the somethings that i've posted before.

Here is the problem, he has NO help around him. He only has a couple of knowledgable coaches on his staff. Coach Carter is supposed to be the O. Cord, and calls a good game when given the chance. Coach Allen needs to let him have control of the offense and trust him. Coach Cook is a good D Cord and does a pretty good job, only thing is they need to get more physical in practice and learn to tackle better. As for the other assistant coaches, they need to be gone and open up some spots for young up and coming coaches that know the game and can relate to the players. Those that need to go would have trouble coaching on a middle school or even youth football level in my opinion. Central has talent and deserves to be winning more games than thier record indicates. Now for Allen, did some of the trouble makers need to be run off from the program? Yes! Some of the players pounderfan1 is talking about gave Coach Allen no choice but to remove them from the program. Kids today do not want to be pushed and disciplined like we use to back in the day. They have to do the right thing to remain in a program. For the most part, I think Allen is doing a good job, but needs to get rid of some of his buddies that are on the staff and hire some real coaches to help him.