Chatt Central @ East Ridge

tistheseason

The assisstants are not the problem. Carter and Cook are for the most part the only paid ones as it is. Lewis mainly does JV as does Cofer. Strickland and Caldwell don't do much anyway. Our defense was better last year when Cook had more aithority and Carter does call a good game when allowed to do so. Dunn is pretty much a volunteer and honestly is a good guy and quite knowlegeable in my opinion. I think he's gone now so it seems. Thats just a guess but he aint been around in a while. The only one kicked off that would have been helpful truthfully would have been Cobb.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the Dunn fellow (who I do believe was an all American football player) distanced himself from the program that should speak volumes!!! Good coaches don't want to be around this fellow. For Central to win again they have to keep there talent at home. This will not happen with John in charge. Offer Barger the AD and Head Coaching job back or Montogery. At least they rallied the kids, had alot out and seemed to be headed in the right direction with improving the program in the win/loss column. Kids don't want to play for the guy and coaches don't wanna coach for him. Enough is enough!!!

The assisstants are not the problem. Carter and Cook are for the most part the only paid ones as it is. Lewis mainly does JV as does Cofer. Strickland and Caldwell don't do much anyway. Our defense was better last year when Cook had more aithority and Carter does call a good game when allowed to do so. Dunn is pretty much a volunteer and honestly is a good guy and quite knowlegeable in my opinion. I think he's gone now so it seems. Thats just a guess but he aint been around in a while. The only one kicked off that would have been helpful truthfully would have been Cobb.

tistheseason i couldn't agree with you more. that's y i put all the blame on allen because he has talent and carter and cook knows what they are doing but he want allow then to. that's y i keep and will blaming allen for our program problems. and dunn is a awesome coach and knows what he is doing too. he has even stated before allen want listen to anybody comments or thoughts but his own. if allen doesn't do good next year he needs to let someone else get a chance.

i have not liked much of any of the offensive or defensive calls any of the coaches have had this year. while i have defended Allen this year you can see at times that they improve but the next week look as though they regress . this is usually the result of ayoung team or poorly coached team or both.

i think it starts with the JV program and goes right throught to the varsity. Most of the jr varsity players that actually play practice with the varsity, then play with the JV and then some on friday nights all this does is put a team on the field during the JV games that has no cohesiveness and the players that practice wit hthe varsity miss a day of practice . also, it takes snaps away from the players not goodenough to play varsity and the result is the JV has not won a game and now there is not depth and expirence for next year. if you know your going to lose in JV at least get some expirience from it.

as for the varsity, i said from game one if Central tries to play grind down ball control offense they lose bad. just not enough depth on this team to do it. i really thought allen would use more spread principles and try to be more explosive. this to me is a poor evaluation of talent. at least now somw sophs are playing in the o and d lines so that may help next year but with almost no jr class this year, it does not look too good no matter who the coach is next year.

i still say if all the soph and fresh stay, in 2 years they will be pretty good but at this point i think next year will be another rough year.

Edited by fishheadspin

It s his 1st year so give him a chance...........could he have won a game or 2 more????? I m not disagreeing about all the comments but to expect someone to come in nd win it all JUST AINT gonna happen i dont care who you are...........he s trying to re build a school/athletic program and he s building from the ground up IMO..........i agree he s not the best coach but he s got a plate full for sure dealing with a losing team to begin with, much less trying to make all the rec league coaches on here happy!

it is his second year and i am one of the few saying i still think Allen is better than his record at Central. some others are ready to run him out of town. I am solely judging him on this season for this season, not as a whole for the program. I just see a lot of negative that has to be fixed. i am one of the few that thinks that central has some talent but not the talent that others on here think we have. and i also think we have zero depth, and are extremely young.

My biggest complaint is that i don't see depth being developed and not enough chances for the young ones to get their feet wet with game experience.

I know it takes time to built a program especially at a school with losing tradition. Central has not had but maybe 2 winning record seasons in 25 years. it aint going to fix itself over night but i am going to call it like i see it. and right now coaching is not where it needs to be.

Central s been hurting way before this so let the man get his fair take on rebuilding then we ll talk about running him officon_mrgreen.gif The kids he ran off did hurt the program short term but he s building long term i think and i hope they get better..........maybe we need to get better coaches acroos the street @ Harrison Rec???? Theres always a few standout s @ Central year to year but cant seem to get a group to stay together.........if anybody can get players in there it him!!

The reason so many are frustrated is because with this group a 7-3 season was very attainable. Only 3 returning linemen next year with only one of them being a senior. Thus, its gonna be a tough row to hoe for a few years.

i dont think anyone that looked at that schedule thougth 7-3 was attainable. i saw 3 wins probable and 5 possible that is it. 7 if Allen is Nick Saban.

as the year turned out, Polk, howard, east ridge should have all been won but were not. that would have put us at 5-5.