Brentwood Academy at McCallie

WesVLT

The Eagles travel to Chattanooga Friday to take on a McCallie squad reeling after a 50-point loss to MBA. The Eagles are looking to bounce back after losing to Ensworth last Friday.

BA is 18-8 all-time against McCallie and has won the last six games in the series. One noteworthy storyline: the Eagles are going head-to-head with former coach Ralph Potter, who is in his first year back in Chattanooga. Potter has led the Blue Tornado to a 4-4 record, 3-3 in the league. The BA defensive coaches know Potter's scheme very well, and the former BA head coach will be very familiar with the Eagles' personnel.

Brentwood Academy has locked up second place in DII East/Middle and has earned a bye in the first round of the playoffs. Barring a McCallie win and a Baylor loss, the Blue Tornado will finish fifth in DII East/Middle and will visit the fourth team in the West, likely St. Benedict, next week.

Thoughts on the matchup?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wes, MBA is still improving and beat McCallie's brains out Friday night. MBA came out fast and McCallie was pitiful-clearly their worst team in at least four or five years.

BA favored by 21 and will cover the spread easily.

Thanks for the perspective. Where are you getting that spread?

No opinion on the game...haven't seen McCallie play. I will say that visiting McCallie is one thing I really miss about HS football. Great facility, great crowd. DII seems to have changed a bit lately in terms of sportsmanship and civility. McCallie is the gold standard for sportsmanship, both on the field and in the stands.

No opinion on the game...haven't seen McCallie play. I will say that visiting McCallie is one thing I really miss about HS football. Great facility, great crowd. DII seems to have changed a bit lately in terms of sportsmanship and civility. McCallie is the gold standard for sportsmanship, both on the field and in the stands.

Spears Stadium is as first-class as it gets in Tennessee. I haven't been since '03 and can't wait to return Friday night. The tradition at McCallie and Baylor is unsurpassed in this region. Every time I set foot on their campuses, I feel like I'm in a John Knowles novel.

This will be a very emotional game for Potter and some of BA coaches who coached with him for 5 years. Potter did not leave BA on a friendly note. A win for McCallie would make their year.

BA needs to bounce back from the spanking by the University of Ensworth. BA's QB and offense needs a good game to make for last week. Could be a close game early but BA's speed wears McCallie down and BA will covers deadaim's 21 point spread.

After the last Blue Tornado outing, I am just hoping for an error-free game by McCallie. But even then, BA will be too strong. If McCallie can make the pitch, they can hang with BA for a half. In the end, it will probably be a 13-17 point win for BA. It could be worse if McCallie plays terribly, but I do not think that will happen.