Fairview @ Smith County

Jacketman89

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play calling was the main issue. You can't run up the middle every time. Our D stepped up and caused 5 turnovers in the second half but we couldn't convert any into points. Poor offensive performance. I wish we had given y'all all we had, but SC came out dead. Also, I may get bashed for this, #21, #4, and #2 didn't show much class taunting the opposing sideline, getting up in peoples face instead of trying to help them up.. I don't know if anyone else saw it but I know for a fact #21 threw a punch on manning on our sideline. That lit a fire under our crowd. No excuses though, we didn't make Fairview pay for the turnovers.. it was a great season!

SCP!

GO BIG OWLS!!!

I hope you took my advice and brought the lawn chairs. They put the booster money in the indoor practice field and left LESS than adequate seating on the visitors side. I also hope the elderly didnt fall with the long walk down the big sink hole of a field in SC. Us Westmoreland folk are hoping to see ya'll in the quarters, I think we match up better with your speed than we would Cheatham's size. Seems Smith has lots of trouble with teams that have fast 40 times on the field. Just an observation from an outsider looking in. Come on out Antwan and take it like a man.

you.gotta get past CPA first.

you.gotta get past CPA first.

I'm perfectly aware of that, but I'm just wanting you all to win against Cheatham if I had my rathers. We dont have a big line. Our starting guard is tougher than a pine notch but he weighs 145. I'll put him up against any man 210 to 220 but not 290 and 6ft4in. We also have some blistering speed this year that Atwan and the gang dont know about.

How silly of anyone to think SC can stay in this game. Fairview is the fastest team in the state....would drill Alcoa/CAK winner if they get there. SC is small but slow...has no "athletes" or "fast runners". Is that about right? cool.png Oh...don't want to leave out it will be 28-0 at the half.

You were almost right about everything but the halftime score. I think they anounced it at the Westy ball game and it was 23-0. The rest of this post seems spot on though.cool.png

What I told these folks in Smith all week but they didnt want to hear it. Dont hear ANTWAN on here now downing people and spreading any wisdom from the hole? I think Smith would be better off letting #14 get more carries, hardest runner they have and put 25 at lb. Smith needs to quit trying to play kids just one way and put the best 11 on the field at all times, wether they play both ways or not.

Yep...some wisdom...you have no idea dude.

Smack talk, SC is the best in the business at that icon_e_smile.gif but I will hand it to em they are some of the most respectful fans you will ever meet. As far as YAI they are a stones throw away from being an excellent ball team( they run the veer VERY well) . Good luck to SC hope yall have a good playoff run.

I take offense to that. I heard Westmoreland had one man that could out smack talk the entire town of Carthage as well as the out lying areas known as Smith County excluded the fine city of Gordonsville of course. I think Gordonsville is still in the big show by the way.

I was surprised Fairview was so undisciplined. I can't believe they went for it on 4th down 4 times on their own side of the field,,,once from the 14 . They tried to give it to SC in the 2nd half...but it didn't appear they wanted it. The game was won in the 1st half...especially the last td. Fairview defense played well....was the difference with pressure on Givens.

Guest Termite

Last I will say beore I roll out. Hope Smith learns a lesson. Warren and White co do nothing to prepare you for the playoffs. FV built like TC, not many in numbers, counted 39, but tough and speed were it counts. And all of you can argue the Conner York QB assesment, tough to judge a kid from a bad team. But he his head and heels above the Smith QB for sure.

WHAT lesson???White Co. and Warren Co. are at the beginning of the season when playoffs are at least 6 games away. SC played G-ville-LA-Dekalb-White House and York .I believe ALL of those are in the playoffs. HALF of teams SC plays are in the playoffs. Kinda shoots your theory in the rear don't it??

Numbers? again, exactly what does NUMBERS have to do with anything? He;; Pickett has 14, they ought to win state every year using your theory. And if your know how to coach speed you ought to be making a fortune. It's like height, Either you got it or you don't.

Conner York??? Was he there tonight?? He sure didn't have anything else to do. Better than SCs QB....I don't know, but does it matter? If you put York on SCs team this year, you get the same results.

I was surprised Fairview was so undisciplined. I can't believe they went for it on 4th down 4 times on their own side of the field,,,once from the 14 . They tried to give it to SC in the 2nd half...but it didn't appear they wanted it. The game was won in the 1st half...especially the last td. Fairview defense played well....was the difference with pressure on Givens.

Maybe they just had confidence Antwan. I cant speak to the game that much since I attended another area game tonight, but lets just say they saw something on film that led them to believe they could go for it from the 14. Some great coaches see things like this especially while preparing to advance to the next round in the playoffs and just act on there on emotional play calling abilities.