Fairview @ Smith County

Jacketman89

Oline got handled last night. Manning didnt have a chance. This is no exageration. On one play i seen all 5 of SC linemen turned around backwards from the line of scrimmage and watch whole DL make tackle in backfield. On. Another play i watched whole line be in front of their man and just get pushed right back into the QB for a sack. NO Exageration on either call there.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats why Fairview doesnt make it past next week. I was worried about this game cause our defense obviously had issues this whole season. Thought our defense played decent. FV just made some plays. One on a tackle our Db had him wrapped up and let go and Moore took 55yrds for TD and one our DB just miss timed his jump against moore in th end zone for a TD but the kid was in position. Take those 2 plays away and the game is 15-14. So all in all it wasnt that bad. SC played good and FV did to. First half killed us it was 14-6 SC in second half. Great job FV way to make the plays u needed to.

You make those calls based on what's lined up in front of you. He would never make that call against Cheatham County. If we don't make it past next week, it will be because CC is a pretty darn good football team, not 4th and inches. There's really no comparison between SC & CC.

Edited by Jacketman89

Great job Fairview coaches. You out coached us the first half and our offense couldn't get us back in the game. Defensively we played good second half but offensively we couldn't get it done. Good season Owls. Workouts for week 0 start Monday. Good luck to Fairview next week. #10 is a ball player.

Great victory for the jackets looking forward to the rematch next week. The jackets can savor the flavor this weekend but we need to get our head on right for cheatham county. Jackets we need to remember cheatham beat us up the first time they owned the line of scrimmage. It is time to get our heads on right and play to perfection. We cannot have 5 turnovers next week and expect to win. Play like champions there is no place in the playoffs for bush league amatuerish classless taunting. We have enough talent to get the job done with-out the chest thumping and trash talking. Gerry Bertier probably knows the quote better than I. "I don't care if you like each other or not, but you will respect each other. And maybe... I don't know, maybe we'll learn to play this game like men." If we do this we can go a long way. One more quote for Gerry "Well that football field out there, that's our universe. Let's rule it like titans."

Highlight of the night was the scoreboard thing. That was awesome. Light bar was out on scoreboard. When Fairview went from 23 to 29...board didn't change because of light. Fairview fans and coaches went bonkers. icon_razz.gif

That's funny because we only really needed 15. Isn't it your quote..."those pesky scoreboards" lol

Edited by Jacketman89

On an 4TH and anything on ur on 14 WHEN UR WINNING is INAPPROPRIATE to go for it. There is no way anyone that knows anything about football can possibly take up for that call. If we stop u and score it changes the whole game. If they dont get it, ur on here today saying how stupid it was.

There is NO way anyone that knows anything about SC would use that word....come see me if you need a lesson

You make those calls based on what's lined up in front of you. He would never make that call against Cheatham County. If we don't make it past next week, it will be because CC is a pretty darn good football team, not 4 and inches. There's really no comparison between SC & CC.

This is exactly what i'm thinking as i am reading all of these upset SC fans posts. SC could not stop it so why not. Against CC it is a different story. CC is a whole lot better ball team than SC.

Our turnovers could have killed us, but our turnovers were careless. 2 interceptions were thrown and those passes were not thrown to regular WR and i believe that is why they were intercepted. A QB and his WR have to have chemistry. He has got to be able to lead them perfectly or it is going to be intercepted. Also a costly fumble on the kickoff. And another fumble from a low snap not the Qb's fault just a bad snap. Then the other turnovers came from backups, I think what SC does not realize is we start pulling starters out at end of 3rd.

Thats why Fairview doesnt make it past next week. I was worried about this game cause our defense obviously had issues this whole season. Thought our defense played decent. FV just made some plays. One on a tackle our Db had him wrapped up and let go and Moore took 55yrds for TD and one our DB just miss timed his jump against moore in th end zone for a TD but the kid was in position. Take those 2 plays away and the game is 15-14. So all in all it wasnt that bad. SC played good and FV did to. First half killed us it was 14-6 SC in second half. Great job FV way to make the plays u needed to.

Okay take your easy touchdown and 2 points away because we had mostly back-ups in and its still 29-6.You see, it is all relevant. You can take away scores here and there, but in the end its football and crazy things happen.

Juno were hearing same things on our Grundy post.. They saying cheatham no defense, cheatham this cheatham that! Me personally say if a team scores 69 points on us, I don't say anything but y'all were a ton better! I didn't see you guys game with SC but final score says y'all won, so I guess that's all that matters.. See ya soon