Fairview @ Smith County

Jacketman89

Smith County will be more methodical while Fairview will once again lean on their "big play" potential. This one will be the "Game of the Week" in 3A in my opinion. It was so hard to pick either way. There will be no blowout in this one. Fairview fans prepare to experience the "9th Wonder of the World" when you visit "The Hole".

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smith County will be more methodical while Fairview will once again lean on their "big play" potential. This one will be the "Game of the Week" in 3A in my opinion. It was so hard to pick either way. There will be no blowout in this one. Fairview fans prepare to experience the "9th Wonder of the World" when you visit "The Hole".

Aw heck, we play in a hole too. The bottom of an old lake. We just call it the "The Nest!" I look forward to getting up to Carthage and seeing "The Hole!" I think this game will be a good one!

I agree with howdy, this should be the best 3A game next week. I think it may rival the Brentwood - Wilson County game for the best game in the whole state.

The way I see it is that Fairview gave a very good Cheatham County team all they wanted early in the season. If that Fairview team shows up, then Fairview wins in a close one. The one thing that has me worried with this prediction is the Fairview loss to Page (good but not great team). It that team shows up, then I would give the edge to Smith County.

I am thinking the Jackets figured out what happened at the Page game. Perhaps the Jacket fans can shed more light on this.

Whichever team wins should set up a huge battle in Ashland City in two weeks. Potentially another 3A game of the week.

Guest Termite

Carthage loses another first round playoff game... flower.gif

Well Daisy.....You still a Closet TC fan?

A Macon County fan talking about the playoffs?? All them Layflatt folks can go to Westmoreland-Carthage-Hartsville-Friendship-Watertown-White House -Livingston-or Smithville to see somebody else play. Heck even Jackson Co. is in the playoffs. So Daisy, come on down, watch a playoff game. SC might lose and might not......but at least you get to see some football........something you haven't seen on the ridge in a while. Oh that's right, you have seen some football up on the ridge............it just wasn't in a MC uniform. LoL

Guest Termite

Aw heck, we play in a hole too. The bottom of an old lake. We just call it the "The Nest!" I look forward to getting up to Carthage and seeing "The Hole!" I think this game will be a good one!

We would probbly be more likely to call that a puddle than a hole. Come on down, take a look. I think you will be impressed with our little ole country school and facilities.

I can say one thing! When we went and played SC 3 years ago, I was in total shock of the amount of people in that stadium! People can say what they want, but if you havnt played there you have know clue! We spent almost hour trying find place to park! Lol heck every yard for two blocks look like a parking lot! Lol should be fun game! Good luck to both