Grundy at Cheatham: Round One Matchup

howdoitknow

To be honest with you that wouldn't surprise me a bit if it didn't happen. Thats right you are young and you turned your program around this year! If I might add coach Mac out coached Grundys coach Bryant this year. I don't really think Marion was the better team this year but like I said out coached and that wins close ball games!

Grundy had marion on the ropes this year in the first half. They were killing us with the pass and then all of the sudden in the second half it was like they decided not to throw it in the second half. It was really puzzling to me. Grundy looked like a college team compared to mc and I thought they had a chance to be really special this year.

Grundy has historically been a .500 team. If coaching is the problem, then Grundy has had alot of bad coaches for a very long time.

That's exactly what I'm saying! And what i mean by "same ole grundy county bull crap" But now especially best talent team wise in the county in a long time!! Years past it was mostly about paying your dues and who you were! Some of that still exist now too. You put the best 11 ball players on the field no matter who it is or what grade there in to win ball games. Well thats what your suppose to do!

That's exactly what I'm saying! And what i mean by "same ole grundy county bull crap" But now especially best talent team wise in the county in a long time!! Years past it was mostly about paying your dues and who you were! Some of that still exist now too. You put the best 11 ball players on the field no matter who it is or what grade there in to win ball games. Well thats what your suppose to do!

Who have they not played that should have played this year?? I mean we played a freshman at QB for most of the year when he was healthy. A freshman receiver who had a great year. #54 is just a sophmore he plays every down offense and defense. We only had 2 seniors on the line as well. I still say next year we will be hard to beat. Coaches or no coaches. But you may as well face it. In my opinion the current coaching staff is not going anywhere. I may be wrong? But I dont think so. Edited by MtnGoatBilly

Like I said earlier in this thread, we haven't had a consistent kicker in all 4 years they have been here that's why we can't kick extra points and turn the ball over inside the 20 on downs! Not sure who the kid is or what grade he is in, but i do know this he came in on senior night and kicked an extra point and it was good, he is 100% and was never given another opportunity! Also why was it his first time all year? We go for 2 points every time at CC and trailed instead of giving him another opportunity, and trail them even though we have scored more touchdowns than them at the 10 minute mark in the 3rd quarter! But like I said its not as bad now as it use to be! But like I said earlier also our peewee teams wins championships alot too, when these kids get older what happens to our talent? We don't know how to develop it at the high school level where other coaches of these kids in other counties do and these kids lose to the same kids they dominate earlier in there life! How does it feel knowing with the talent we have we're starring 5-5 right in the eye again next year?

Edited by Beavcleaver

Well I knew soon

Like I said earlier in this thread, we haven't had a consistent kicker in all 4 years they have been here that's why we can't kick extra points and turn the ball over inside the 20 on downs! Not sure who the kid is or what grade he is in, but i do know this he came in on senior night and kicked an extra point and it was good, he is 100% and was never given another opportunity! Also why was it his first time all year? We go for 2 points every time at CC and trailed instead of giving him another opportunity, and trail them even though we have scored more touchdowns than them at the 10 minute mark in the 3rd quarter! But like I said its not as bad now as it use to be! But like I said earlier also our peewee teams wins championships alot too, when these kids get older what happens to our talent? We don't know how to develop it at the high school level where other coaches of these kids in other counties do and these kids lose to the same kids they dominate earlier in there life! How does it feel knowing with the talent we have we're starring 5-5 right in the eye again next year?

Well I knew if we kept posting sooner or later we would find something to agree on. I DO agree with you on the kicker part of this. I do not understand why we go for 2 as much as we do. If we had kicked extra points against Cheatham every time we scored at one point in the game we would have been ahead by the score of 35-34.

I am so sick of hearing wait till next year!!! Well we hear this year in and year out and we still have nothing to show. A W is a W and a L is a L and we are 22W-22L!!!! Someone told me that we were in the Cheatham Co. game, DUD we LOST by 39points, ROSE colored glasses!!! Don't even try argueing with Billy because he is one of the good ole boys, look how he takes up for the coaches!! Point being is as a coach you take full credit for ever lose and give full credit to playes for the win!!! Lose to Grace, OH it was fall break, kids had to much time on their hands and was not focused?!?!? Seriously!! Who's job is it to get them focused?? Billy would you please answer this question?

Edited by THEDOC