1st Rd Science Hill @ Oak Ridge

SweetScience

Can Maryville fans comment on this game? D-B wants us off their thread. Here are my qualifications: Maryville played OR in the regular season and my first job out of college was in JC. Thanks for your time.

icon_mrgreen.gif

RR eye hoap we cain maybee blaid, bounder, SS orr sumbodee will let us.....And eye'll garuntee ewe that Cyunts Hill ain't played nobodee wif a LB like Normand fer Oke Gridge....popcorneater.gif

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta say speaking of linebackers, SH has two of the best we've see this yr. . and the QB is really calm and makes things happen when flushed out outta the pocket. kinda reminded me of the kid that played QB for Whitestation a couple of yrs ago against Maryville maybe not as fast but very elusive and hard to get a real good hit on him.

I'm worried about this game. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in SH giving up a lot of points on defense. OR offense is very basic and has shown that it can be slowed down. Everybody talked about all the points that Maryville had allowed when we played them. Their first team basically shut us down. Against CC you take the kickoff return and interception returned for a touchdown away and the offense only put up 19 points, with one coming late in the game.

I also hate the bend but don't break mentality. That works for when you are playing teams that don't have a lot of athletes, but teams that have kids that can make a defender miss, lends to big plays that eventually puts points on the board.

The sad thing is if the Cats can pull out a win the consolation prize is Maryville.

Everybody is talking about SH this and SH that. I kinda like being under the radar icon_e_wink.gif

Sorry SS, thats about all I CAN add to this one. I saw them Friday, didnt get to see you all this yr. Im sure you have a good team ...OR is OR..you're always gonna be good. I would much rather fly under the radar rather than making a lot of noise showing the world last weeks game exposing our weakness and who's hurt and where to hit em if they are.

SS, I was at that game in the rain. At, half time I wouldn't have ever thought we could win that game. Nothing had gone right for OR in the first half, they looked like a defeated team making that long walk up the steps to the locker room. Seemed like they took forever to drag their butts off the field and get up those stairs. I remember very clearly our band started playing and jumping up and down and they were right behind the team for some reason.. I never thought I would say this, but I swear the band woke that team up and they started playing good football. Then, Eduardo something or other hit that 39 yarder into a driving down pour for the win. I will never forget that game.

Edited by ORidgeKat

SS, I was at that game in the rain. At, half time I wouldn't have ever thought we could win that game. Nothing had gone right for OR in the first half, they looked like a defeated team making that long walk up the steps to the locker room. Seemed like they took forever to drag their butts off the field and get up those stairs. I remember very clearly our band started playing and jumping up and down and they were right behind the team for some reason.. I never thought I would say this, but I swear the band woke that team up and they started playing good football. Then, Eduardo something or other hit that 39 yarder into a driving down pour for the win. I will never forget that game.

Eduardo Rivera

icon_lol.gif

Good gosh these UET fans are dilusional. SH may win but that margin isn't going to happen. As a mater of fact I would be a little surprised if they won.

Probably the peach or apple pie talking.Seriously,nothing would shock me after last friday night except a Maryville upset this week.I can see OR or SH winning big with turnovers and momentum,but I 'd say two touchdowns or less either way in this one.

I remember when he kicked that ball, you could hear a pin drop in the stadium. All you could hear were the pellets of rain hitting the ground. It was so surreal....Yes sir, Eduardo Rivera.