11-AA

tigers90

Who do yal think are the top players in the District? There is a lot of talented players this year, I'll go with.

Jake Saunders

Austin Mullinax

Ethan Hurt

(Camden guard) can't think of his name.

Tell me what yal think.

Austin Mullinax without a doubt. Rebound, shoot, pass and handle the ball. Pluss at 6'4" or 6'5" can post and score and can guard inside or out on defense and rebounds with instinct.

Saunders is next. Great player as well. Same as Mullinax, but doesn't have the inside presence Mullinax contributes.

Plunkett for Creek Wood. Has been injured most of his high school career but I've been told he's healthy and is getting his IQ back. One to watch. Had one shy of a double, double against East Lit so I was told.

Jonathon Smith from Waverly is definitly in this group as a sophmore. Unbelivably quick and can shoot. Awesome defender and basketball comes natural to him.

Camden has their return 4 postion man, can't remember his name, but a well rounded ball player.

Morgan for Creek Wood is unstopable around the basket. Just lacks the all around funamental skills and it keeps him from being a really good player.

The PG for Cheatham. I think Conner. Very under-estimated. And without him, I think Cheatham loses a whole lot of games. He controls the game for Cheatham. Handles the pressure on offense and dishes out the pressure on defense.

Newton is the motor for Harpeth.

Hurt has all the athletic ability but just isn't a good basketball player. Can't handle pressure.

Anderton can only shoot when he's wide open. But if he is, will hit 65% from the 3.

Here's my prediction for 11AA regular season.

Waverly

Cheatham

Creek Wood

Camden

Harpeth

Mont. Central

Stewart County

Waverly and Cheatham is close. I think Wavely gets them because of coaching. Their new coach is the worst thing that could happend for the rest of 11AA teams. He's good.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it is a mistake to not have McKenzie Etheridge from Waverly on this list of top players in 11-AA. He is a 2 time all district player and former district MVP. He has moved to the # 2 spot which is getting him more looks from the perimeter, and he may be the best defender in the league. I don't see any team running away in this district and think that it will come down to the final week of the season, but I will pick Waverly.

There is probably a very good chance that Etheridge will guard him, I saw him guard Saunders this fall at CPA and Etheridge held him to 4 points for a half. I have watched Saunders play for the past year, and he is a very good player, so I can understand why you think he may be the best in the district. Saunders will definately have a size advantage, but unless he will be playing in the paint, I don't see size being a big issue. Etheridge will give Saunders all he wants, as will the rest of the Tigers. If I was a betting man, I would say that we will see the Cubs and Tigers matchup 3 times this season, should be a very interesting season.

If I was a betting man, I would say that we will see the Cubs and Tigers matchup 3 times this season.

If I was a betting man, I would say they play 4 times this season.

2nd of all, How many did Saunders have in 2nd half of that game, and Saunders averaged 27 points per game in that CPA camp.

Finally Jake has been attacking the offensive glass way more this year than last year. I'll take Jake having Over 20 all day.

If I am not mistaken he ended with 16 that day, well below his 27 point average, but I will say he had a very impressive dunk to end the 1st half. I am not taking anything away from Jake, like I said earlier, he is a very good player and from the looks of it, he works very hard on his game and seems to enjoy playing. I think that you have taken my original post and turned it into some type of one on one match up between Etheridge and Saunders, when all I was doing was stating that Etheridge deserved to be on that list, at no time did I ever say that he was going to shut Jake down, all I said was that I thought that he may be the best defensive player in the district. With all that being said, we will just have to wait and enjoy some good basketball from two good basketball teams.

I have seen both teams play this year and still give a nod to ccchs... with that being said wchs has the talent to beat them and contend for a district/region crown... both teams can and should make it to the region finals this year... saunders is the real deal for someone 6'1''ish... it makes him extremely tough as ccchs have multiple players around him, so the d can provide very little help d... should be a good match up between these two teams... providing these teams stay injury free they both have bright, near futures...