11-AA

tigers90

Waverly didn't play Giles last Saturday, they only played Ravenwood on Friday afternoon which they lost 88-86 in overtime. Would have like to seen them play though, watched Giles warm up and they looked like the same old Giles County, very athletic, and I am sure that they were missing some players due to the football players not being out there yet.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cubs won at Sycamore the other night 62-46. It was Cheatham's first win over Sycamore since January of 2005. That's 8 seasons ago! The Cubs football team just had a historical season that included wins over very good teams such as Fairview, Camden, and Sycamore. The Cubs basketball team is going to continue to dominate in boys athletics. I look for the Cubs to win District 11-AA and I don't think they'll lose a district game (includes postseason). I believe Cheatham's games with Kenwood and Ravenwood will prepare them for just about anything that any Class AA team can throw at them this season. I look for the Cubs boys basketball team to be somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-1, 24-2, or at absolute worst 23-3 and BOTH District 11-AA Regular Season & Tournament Champions when the Region 6-AA Tournament gets here in late February of 2013. I fully believe that the Cubs also have the making of a team that (just like the school's football team this year) can be 1 of the final 8 teams playing in the state when all is said and done. Coach Dawson and Coach Stuart have been with this group since they walked through the door at CCCHS and they struggled through seasons of 2 wins and 7 wins when they were kids. Now that they've already gotten experience and won 24 games and a District Championship (last year) the "learning how to win" period is over. I will be very quick to tell anyone that the Cubs players and coaches did not expect for last season to be a 24 win season. The Cubs, who had 1 senior last year, won a lot of close battles and at the end of the day overachieved. This season is the first of a two year run that could be very bad for anyone on the Cheatham County Cubs Boys Basketball Schedule.

I look forward to watching the Cubs in a district with Waverly, Camden, Harpeth, Montgomery Central, Creek Wood, and Stewart County. Next year the district is going to look much different with Cheatham & Harpeth leaving (East Hickman, Hickman, Fairview, and Lewis all coming in). The Cubs should view this season as "their last shot" at bragging rights for 11-AA because next year the move to 9-AA will end what has been some great basketball rivalries and will start what hopefully will become great basketball rivalries.

Watched Sycamore vs Creekwood last night, Creekwood looked bad.... They can't score, defense is decent but no offense whatsoever.

Tonight Cheatham Co. Plays Ravenwood, should be a good gauge to see how Cheatham plays them considering Waverly played Ravenwood to OT, and lost by 2 I believe.

Also, I thought I saw the Harpeth score right last night, beat Pearl Cohn by about 17. If that's the case, that's an impressive win for them.

Wasn't really impressed with either team last night. I will say that was not the same Ravenwood team that Waverly played last Friday.I guess it could have been because Cheatham was just that good, but I don't think that was the case. I think that after some very questionable calls, Ravenwood just kind of quit, but that's what happens when a team plays on the road. The big kid from Cheatham, # 50 looked like the best player on the floor, he will give all teams a lot of problems, other than him the overall matchups will be very even against the likes of Harpeth and Waverly. I think that if a team can control # 50, they will beat Cheatham. I guess Saunders must have had a bad game because he was a non factor. Can't wait until January gets here so we can see it all play out on the court.

Wasn't really impressed with either team last night. I will say that was not the same Ravenwood team that Waverly played last Friday.I guess it could have been because Cheatham was just that good, but I don't think that was the case. I think that after some very questionable calls, Ravenwood just kind of quit, but that's what happens when a team plays on the road. The big kid from Cheatham, # 50 looked like the best player on the floor, he will give all teams a lot of problems, other than him the overall matchups will be very even against the likes of Harpeth and Waverly. I think that if a team can control # 50, they will beat Cheatham. I guess Saunders must have had a bad game because he was a non factor. Can't wait until January gets here so we can see it all play out on the court.

Saunders led Cheatham in scoring with 18 points. Not sure how he was a non factor. Cheatham has a lot of guys who can step up and have big games and they certainly didn't give up 88 points. In fact, Ravenwood had 29 going into the 4th quarter and I would imagine Cheatham's defense had something to do with that. Did Ravenwood have players missing last night that played against Waverly?

Edited by mumbletypeg

If I am not mistaken at least a third of his points came in the final 3 or 4 minutes at the free throw line. I will say that he is pretty good from the line, definately the guy you want to have the ball at the end of a game. I was by no means dissing Saunders, I have watched him play over the past year and have the utmost respect for his game, I was just saying that the Ravenwood game was definately not his best, and maybe Ravenwood's defense on him had something to do with that. As far as the 88 points that Waverly gave up to Ravenwood, it was a very fast paced game, and believe it or not, there was actually some good defense played on both sides. If you are not aware, Waverly is averaging over 80 points a game, so that is the kind of game you are going to see when you play the Tigers. I guess that Cheatham's half court defense must have just gotten the best of Ravenwood. I can assure you that when Cheatham and Waverly play, it will be as fast paced as the Ravenwood - Waverly game. As far as the other Cheatham players that can step up and have big games, I would agree, they are a very talented bunch. I can't wait to see how all of the district games play out, it should be some good basketball.

Ravenwood did not have a team the collapse within 1 week... I personally believe Cheatham County matched up and had a better scheme against Ravenwood then Waverly did... playing at a fast pace is not always the solution, although I personally like to play that way as well... against some teams it just isn't ideal. Each opponent requires a revision of your gameplan...

Printdd obviosly you have only seen Cheatham play once...

With that being said:

- ccchs currently owns the like opponents between them and waverly

- ccchs is still my favorite to win 11aa

- but still i hope wchs wins as they represent Humphreys County...

So Mr. howdoitknow2 is predicting that Cheatham is going to " stomp " Waverly. That is a bold prediction, but I totally understand your position, if my team was as talented as Cheatham I would make predictions like yours also. I respect your prediction, obviously you are well schooled about the game of basketball, so I am not in a position to challenge your expertise about Cheatham Co. basketball. Sorry if I have ruffled any feathers with my observations, it was never my intention. So until the district games begin, lets just see how things turn out on the court.

Edited by printdd