Sullivan South Rebels @Columbia Lions

crawdad

The TSSAA has mandated the Sullivan South Rebels travel 300 miles for a first round playoff game. So let's get after it and bring the best effort of the season. South's offense has morphed from week to week. I would hate to be on the Lion's coaching staff and in the process of scouting the Rebels. There is no telling what they will see.

Coach Belew is now gone from Columbia as are his boys. Tre' Goff no longer the beast manning the LB post but I am sure others have filled in.

How bout it Lions' fans? What does Columbia look like this year for the 2 or 3 dozen South fans that will be making the first round trip to another time zone?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's done is done. I agree it was an error and not smart but of south is going to continue to whine and complain just forfeit the game. It's done. Over. No one is redoing the brackets. Coaches have put game plans in and spent hours on breaking down their opponent. Sheesh. Play the game. I think south has a better chance to win against Columbia then they would have had against Powell.

What's done is done. I agree it was an error and not smart but of south is going to continue to whine and complain just forfeit the game. It's done. Over. No one is redoing the brackets. Coaches have put game plans in and spent hours on breaking down their opponent. Sheesh. Play the game. I think south has a better chance to win against Columbia then they would have had against Powell.

GEE, I re-read my post and did not think it contained any "whining or complaining". Maybe you could point out what you inferred from my statements.

The biggest question I have is why does it take Boone's football coach telling Haynie the TSSAA made a mistake for the South folks to realize it? If I am on the bubble, I know exactly what needs to happen for me to get into the playoffs and I double and triple check the playoff rules to make sure I don't miss something.

If I was a South fan I would be much more upset with my coach and AD then the TSSAA. Who knows, if it gets caught quick enough maybe they re-seed the brackets.

The biggest question I have is why does it take Boone's football coach telling Haynie the TSSAA made a mistake for the South folks to realize it? If I am on the bubble, I know exactly what needs to happen for me to get into the playoffs and I double and triple check the playoff rules to make sure I don't miss something.

If I was a South fan I would be much more upset with my coach and AD then the TSSAA. Who knows, if it gets caught quick enough maybe they re-seed the brackets.

Good point Toss. South should have been proactive, but then you would expect TSSAA officials to understand their own regulations too . There really shouldn't be a need to be proactive.

This is just one more example of why I think so much of Coach Jenkins. Isn't he also AD at Boone?

Edited by crawdad

Good point Toss. South should have been proactive, but then you would expect TSSAA officials to understand their own regulations too . There really shouldn't be a need to be proactive.

This is just one more example of why I think so much of Coach Jenkins. Isn't he also AD at Boone?

no, Danny Good is.

I hate it for you guys but I like the draw we got.

Duh. They were left a little long on the tilt-a-whirl as kids.