Sullivan South Rebels @Columbia Lions

crawdad

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crawdad called it right in that Columbia could look at all of South's games thus year and not know what to focus on for their defensive preparations. We've tried a little of everything this year. South generally travels very well in the playoffs (often outdrawing the home team) but will probably be down several hundred supporters this Friday due to the Rebel Band (and band parents) commitment to travel early Saturday morning to Chattanooga for a competition. I'd like to see "The Hammer" have a good game on both sides of the ball and hope that Headrick, Crowe, Comsa, and company have sticky hands Friday night and catch everything thrown their way.

Does anyone know of a way to listen to this game over the Internet? Still waiting to hear from some Columbia fans...

Crawdad called it right in that Columbia could look at all of South's games thus year and not know what to focus on for their defensive preparations. We've tried a little of everything this year. South generally travels very well in the playoffs (often outdrawing the home team) but will probably be down several hundred supporters this Friday due to the Rebel Band (and band parents) commitment to travel early Saturday morning to Chattanooga for a competition. I'd like to see "The Hammer" have a good game on both sides of the ball and hope that Headrick, Crowe, Comsa, and company have sticky hands Friday night and catch everything thrown their way.

Does anyone know of a way to listen to this game over the Internet? Still waiting to hear from some Columbia fans...

Powertalk Radio does the online broadcast.

powertalk870.com

In the '09 semis in Columbia, my big gripe was that Beleu(sp) knew everything that Carter was going to do. He said it on the radio at the half, along with "We got this". In '10-12, while the game plan may keep them guessing, the change in scheme and personel with almost every game has cost South dearly.

Powertalk Radio does the online broadcast.

powertalk870.com

In the '09 semis in Columbia, my big gripe was that Beleu(sp) knew everything that Carter was going to do. He said it on the radio at the half, along with "We got this". In '10-12, while the game plan may keep them guessing, the change in scheme and personel with almost every game has cost South dearly.

Good points jhilts. Columbia looks to have a big O-line with 190 lb RB and 200 lb QB who can run and throw. I'm more concerned with slowing them down than what our offense morphs into this week. Rebels need to start well.

Not you crawdad.. Just from alot of other folks. I agree it's a messed up deal.. But as far as being in the playoffs go, I'm sure the kids don't care where they have to go as long as they get to play at least one more week.

I agree TSSAA messed up but please give up the they should have / could have bracket stuff

Yep no fun making that drive and too all have a safe trip but play the game and play without excuses ...

You wanna stick it to TSSAA win this week !

Being from Illinois, I think they have a great format for picking playoff teams!

I also like the fact that in the playoffs, the last team to host a playoff game is on the road the following week-

When I first saw this matchup as a #1 vs #8 I was admittedly skeptical about the Rebels chances. I haven't had the chance to do a great deal of research on the Columbia squad this year but what I have read has not overwhelmed me. I don't think they are at the level of the last Columbia team we faced and if we can hold them to 28 to 35 points and limit turnovers on our side we've got a fighting chance to take another long bus ride the next weekend.