Big 8

AlumnI01

I heard from a friend that attended the Jamboree last week. He said SH looks head and shoulders above the rest of the Big 8. He said they embarrassed DB in their scrimmage. He also said the Toppers have a great Freshman named Patrick Good that people will be hearing a lot about. He's the younger brother of SH Senior CJ Good. My buddy also told me that Foreman and Swafford aren't playing this year for DB. That really, really hurts the Indians.

Nothing new here. When was the last time SH was not head and shoulders above the rest of the conference in basketball? When was the last time they even lost a conference game?

• 4 weeks later...

Saw Science Hill play recently... They are going to be a tough game for anybody in the big 8 conference. Cant really see any team competing against them or really even giving them much of a game. Dobyns Bennett might surprise me. But I just don't see it. Saw the Indians play against a very poor Sullivan central team and really had some trouble besides a huge run in the 3rd quarter. Tyleke Love is going to have to greatly improve for the Indians to do any damage. Can anyone explain Connor mitchell???? This kid probably has the best post athleticism this conference has seen since the Ashlon Adams/Larry Smith era at science hill... But the kid doesn't even have one post move in his repertoire. The only way he is scoring is if he has a wide open dunk or lay up set up by someone else. Dobyns Bennett is gonna need to get something out of those two kids for DB to compete. Cause if they don't then CJ Good/Will Adams and gang are gonna run away with this conference without breaking a sweat.

The Indians have only played 4 games, Coach Morgan chose to practice for 2 weeks instead of play...I think that has served the young Indians well. DB has depth, playing 11 players a lot of min. I know that is C-Mo's MO in the beginning of the season, but this year the quality of depth will alloy him to platoon his players more than he has been able to over the past 4-5 years.

DB is a good team. I know that the Toppers will be the favorite and well they should be. I am really looking forward to getting to see a game in the new Topper Gym...does it have a nickname yet?

DB vs Science Hill next Friday Night in the Buck Van Huss Dome

Roll Tribe Roll

Saw Science Hill play recently... They are going to be a tough game for anybody in the big 8 conference. Cant really see any team competing against them or really even giving them much of a game. Dobyns Bennett might surprise me. But I just don't see it. Saw the Indians play against a very poor Sullivan central team and really had some trouble besides a huge run in the 3rd quarter. Tyleke Love is going to have to greatly improve for the Indians to do any damage. Can anyone explain Connor mitchell???? This kid probably has the best post athleticism this conference has seen since the Ashlon Adams/Larry Smith era at science hill... But the kid doesn't even have one post move in his repertoire. The only way he is scoring is if he has a wide open dunk or lay up set up by someone else. Dobyns Bennett is gonna need to get something out of those two kids for DB to compete. Cause if they don't then CJ Good/Will Adams and gang are gonna run away with this conference without breaking a sweat.

Did you get a chance to see CJ's little brother, freshman Patrick Good, play? That kid is going to be a star in years to come at The Hill. I heard they moved him into the starting rotation this week. Smart move by the coaches because the kid can flat out play.

Art, I would think that Coach Morgan would've wanted his guys to get more game experience, instead of simply practicing, before taking on the Toppers. IMO game experience is a lot more useful. Science Hill already has 12+ games under their belt, against some quality opponents too.

Edited by AlumnI01

Guest footballfan100

Did i see on DB's roster that the younger Ailshie is back at Db? i thought he had transferred to several different high schools during his freshman year??? whats the deal here??

Saw the younger Ailshie play in their last game. He is just a gunner. Not much basketball IQ. Can shoot the ball a little but out of control and shot it every time in the jv game.

I did see the younger Good kid play and yes he is talented. The problem with him is that he is probably maxed out in height. His dad (John Good Science Hill Assistant Coach) is no taller than 5'9. The kid can play and is athletic but I would expect him to be in the Justin Sylvester mold of never truly becoming what we all expected.

In response to Art, the 12 games that the Toppers have already played is far better experience than the extra practices that DB got. With an experienced team like DB you need all the games you can get. And for Charlie to skip out on those opportunities for a few extra practices is just mind boggling to me. You will see on Friday when the Toppers come out of the gate fearless and DB has a trembling first step.

I feel that DB is gonna be a real good team when they get more games under there wings. Thats a team with height even though they lack fatigue , i see morgan fixing that for them. Mitchell had a few nice dunks but he needs a go to move for him to be able to finish. Number 5 for the Indians has alot of skills , i see him being really dangerous had 17 points. Toppers are always a great 3 point shooting team. What can you say ?

DB played last night and they are truly a team full of above average players. Very deep even 5 or 6 deep on the bench. No true star on this team and Morgan hardly even plays their best player Tyleke Love. Nobody wows you on this team unless Connor Mitchell gets a dunk (which he didn't last night) Makale Foreman is a solid player but in no way is he a scorer. Just not impressed with how Morgan is coaching this team thus far. We will see what kinda of job he does as he takes this team into the Arby's classic.