Dickson County - #1 Seed - Quad 3 - What a Joke!

lbhiii

Here we go again with the winning records of other teams if you look at what Henry County did last year same old story but now is Dickson County,that you guys are picking on. I will laugh my ### off if they went all the way. You guys in Willamson and wilson all think you play in a rough district. Dickson County won there district and should be a #1 seed. Do you need some cheeze with that whinn. whinn baby whinn put up or shut up. Bring it on

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the DC played only 3 teams with a winning record and you lost of of those games...

No you play almost all 5a schools

Sorry that is not an opinion that is FACT!

Sure you have to beat them all to play for the gold ball but any team would like that 1 seed to play a cupcake game in round 1

No worries DC is a muted point and fun one , but as Brentwood and WC do battle - MJ and Indy do battle , have fun with lil sisters of the poor HS because round 2 you go home - and yes I'm sorry to say myself and many many others will say when you lose in rd 2 you are " one and done"

notredame66:

I'm not a DC fan. I just want all who whine about DC's seeding to suggest an alternative that is exhaustive so we can talk about it.

To meet the state of Illinois has a great way of picking / pairing for the playoffs...

I also like that in Rd 1 they give the higher seed home field, then RD2 they give it to the last team to host a playoff game- so example DC wins and Indy beats MJ at MJ, Indy hosts DC in round 2-

If both teams are last to host a playoff the team with highest ranking in state hosts the game ...

This is better. Elaborate on the Illinois selection process for us. To mention that they have a good way to select doesn't answer any particulars.

I don't like the alternate host scenario. I'd hate to be 12-0 going into the second round and I have to travel to po-dunk high school that is 8-4 just because they won in the first round as well. To the victor goes the seed. The seed determines who travels, especially in the early rounds. But, I like the mention of an alternative format.

You are right on KWC. It is best if you can pro long the travel as long as possible. DC did not seed themselves. They were given that seed by the TSSAA. As it is set up ( not that I agree ) they are the #1 seed. They have had a good year and I congradulate them on a great season.

I also like how TSSAA handle the semi finals if each team is undefeated. With a little bit of luck and a lot of skill; hopefully Mt Juliet will be going to Whitehaven.

Do you see anyone that can give Whitehaven a challenge in quad 4 ? They are a good team !

I don't think it matters if you're a 1 or an 8 seed...if you're the best team in the state, you should win. Period. Teams spend way too much time worrying about it when they should just be playing the game.

Again ... an opinion on what some team deserves or doesn't deserve.

Any of you guys complaining have a solution that you would like to put before our eyes to discuss? Or do you just want to complain?

O.K. - I started this thread and am really impressed. Over 20 responses in 3 hours! KWC - you sound like a very defensive high school administrator, teacher, or coach. If not, my apologies. I pay taxes and expect competetent folks at TSSAA and school systems to make competent decisions. I'm beginning to think that was a mistake. I have never been known as a shrinking violet so I will elaborate on the original post with my points from all of the hubris that has been started up.:

1.. How competent is it to put 1 6A team in with the rest 5A teams and make Region 10?

2. How competent is it for Brentwood to have a 5-0 district record and be seeded #2 while Dickson had 1 loss in their district?

3. Why is Mt. Juliet who is seeded #4 behind Arlington who is seeded #3 with the same district records and a worse record?

4. 6 Classifications is stupid. Why don't we just have 12 or 24 and give everyone participation medals like in kiddie soccer. We are teaching kids to be afraid of competition.

5. How competent is a system that encourages schools to play traditionally weak non-district opponents so they don't screw up their record? While I know the system has been tweeked, 2 years ago, Brentwood won District 11 and was seeded 8th while Franklin who took 2nd in the district was seeded 2nd.

6. I love the quote above: "I don't think it matters if your are a 1 or an 8 seed". Horse hockey. The reward of proper seeding is to play at home. Playing at home drives revenue to your school(concessions) and gives you an advantage that you have EARNED.

I'm not really worried about this year.. Assuming my Bruins take care of bidness in the first 2 rounds, we'll play in the quarterfinals at home as I'd bet my first born future grandchild that Dickson County won't beat Mt. Juliet or Indy. If my Bruins, don't take care of bidness, than we'll sit at home and watch Alabama beat the rest of the world..

Peace!

O.K. - I started this thread and am really impressed. Over 20 responses in 3 hours! KWC - you sound like a very defensive high school administrator, teacher, or coach. If not, my apologies. I pay taxes and expect competetent folks at TSSAA and school systems to make competent decisions. I'm beginning to think that was a mistake. I have never been known as a shrinking violet so I will elaborate on the original post with my points from all of the hubris that has been started up.:

1.. How competent is it to put 1 6A team in with the rest 5A teams and make Region 10?

2. How competent is it for Brentwood to have a 5-0 district record and be seeded #2 while Dickson had 1 loss in their district?

3. Why is Mt. Juliet who is seeded #4 behind Arlington who is seeded #3 with the same district records and a worse record?

4. 6 Classifications is stupid. Why don't we just have 12 or 24 and give everyone participation medals like in kiddie soccer. We are teaching kids to be afraid of competition.

5. How competent is a system that encourages schools to play traditionally weak non-district opponents so they don't screw up their record? While I know the system has been tweeked, 2 years ago, Brentwood won District 11 and was seeded 8th while Franklin who took 2nd in the district was seeded 2nd.

6. I love the quote above: "I don't think it matters if your are a 1 or an 8 seed". Horse hockey. The reward of proper seeding is to play at home. Playing at home drives revenue to your school(concessions) and gives you an advantage that you have EARNED.

I'm not really worried about this year.. Assuming my Bruins take care of bidness in the first 2 rounds, we'll play in the quarterfinals at home as I'd bet my first born future grandchild that Dickson County won't beat Mt. Juliet or Indy. If my Bruins, don't take care of bidness, than we'll sit at home and watch Alabama beat the rest of the world..

Peace!

Good stuff and let me add....Nov. 15 for the TSSAA ought to be very interesting.

Good Luck to the Bruins

Peace!

Sounds like you're just upset that your team didn't get a better seed..... lol.

Edited by powellphoto

Sounds like you're just upset that your team didn't get a better seed..... lol.

well, as i said i think Brentwood lucked out and the 2 seed is really no different than the 1 seed. If they take care of business they are home for 2 games. My point is the system is flawed.

I would like to first say that I have a lot of respect for the Brentwood football program, and every school has fans that are idiots.

Cookville 5-5

Symrna 1-9

Hunters lane 0-10

Gallatin 3-7

Is this the argument that you have about Dickson playing a weak non district schedule? Oh I am sorry that is Brentwoods non district tough opponents. How about that tough district, Franklin 4-6, Ravenwood 3-7, Independence 6-4 with a loss to Ravenwood, Centennial at 6-4 as a 5 a opponent, and Hillsboro another 5a opponent at 6-4, The only tough team on the schedule was Blackman at 7-3 and how did that work out for you. So you played 4 teams with a winning record two of which were 5a and you lost to the good 6 a opponent. you have no beef with your seeding, At one time your district was among the toughest, not this year.

Same old Brentwood...always crying and wishing you were something you are not ... a PRIVATE SCHOOL, so keep on crying and just play the private schools like Ensworth, BA, FRA, MBA, CPA and so forth and maybe you will be happy. Plus your travel costs will go down!! GO DICKSON CO.!!

I would like to first say that I have a lot of respect for the Brentwood football program, and every school has fans that are idiots.

Cookville 5-5

Symrna 1-9

Hunters lane 0-10

Gallatin 3-7

Is this the argument that you have about Dickson playing a weak non district schedule? Oh I am sorry that is Brentwoods non district tough opponents. How about that tough district, Franklin 4-6, Ravenwood 3-7, Independence 6-4 with a loss to Ravenwood, Centennial at 6-4 as a 5 a opponent, and Hillsboro another 5a opponent at 6-4, The only tough team on the schedule was Blackman at 7-3 and how did that work out for you. So you played 4 teams with a winning record two of which were 5a and you lost to the good 6 a opponent. you have no beef with your seeding, At one time your district was among the toughest, not this year.

I give alot of stock to the stats unapproved website gives out and they are nationwide and are the BCS of high school football -

LETS LOOK AT STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE according to unapproved website and its computers please ( note the higher % the more difficult your schedule is)

Brentwood- 19.6%

Indy - 25.7%

WC 23.7%

MJ-21.8%

DC - 5.8%

* According to unapproved website DC has the weakest strength of schedule for any 6A playoff team at 5.8%- the closest team having a weaker schedule was Cane Ridge alot higher at 13.5%

So what does that tell you about whom DC played? You rant about BHS, but tell me how many 6A teams did DC play ? yeah my point - so dont give me the BHS beat up on 5a teams

Oh lets look at unapproved website rankings shall we-

BHS - 7

MJ-9

WC-13

Indy-17

and

DC - 20

Like I said skate in round one but come round 2 welcome to the SEC of football

http://www.unapproved website.com/local/division/playoff.aspx?ssid=37631434-bc40-4d46-a7c5-1042c42e338c&statedivisionid=be717e11-e7f7-4c50-8219-be42524fe32d

Same old Brentwood...always crying and wishing you were something you are not ... a PRIVATE SCHOOL, so keep on crying and just play the private schools like Ensworth, BA, FRA, MBA, CPA and so forth and maybe you will be happy. Plus your travel costs will go down!! GO DICKSON CO.!!

You are without a clue? Why would BHS wish they were a private school ?

Dont hate on BHS just cause you live in the trailer Park

Not hating on Brentwood HS, I have alot of respect for their program, just not some of their fans who think they are cheated some way by another school. DC did not make up their district opponents, the TSSAA did and to say it is a joke to be a #1 seed is jealousy plan and simple and not up to them. We will play when and where the TSSAA tells us to play and be thankful to still be playing this week. Also, I do not live in a trailer park although I see nothing wrong with it and just proves my point again about another comment from a Brentwood wannabe who thinks they are better than everyone else in Middle TN! Just like last year a lot of people were saying Henry Co. did not warrant a #1 seed, district 10-AAA was weak, they did not play good competition and on and on, but look what they did... STATE CHAMPS!! As I said, it doesn't matter who or where you play, just win them all, one at a time!!

Edited by dc80