Division 2 AA Scores

ChattanoogaCannon

GPS vs. Father Ryan game got out of control after the red card. I am surprised no one got hurt. Father Ryan player checked the keeper pretty hard (refs must have not seen it). Keeper retaliates, and she was ejected. Too bad the refs missed the Father Ryan penalty that started it, but you have to keep your cool. Unfortunate.

Wow-- just saw the play that caused the RED against the GPS keeper at around the 57 minute...

No doubt she takes the swing at the Father Ryan player, well away from the ball and I can see why she was mad, since the incoming FR player may have added a little contact against the keeper when she rushed in and the GPS keeper gets the ball..certainly I think the ref should have maybe called the FR player over right after that (and before GPS keeper swings)...The commentators interestingly, just minutes beforehand, make a comment about how the ref was allowing a flow of play despite some physical play going on..

I agree with the comments from the announcers regarding possibly getting some input from the AR perhaps, to see what may have instigated the GPS keeper response....perhaps just a yellow? But, it was an outright swing and connected hit to the FR player, so is that an auto RED? Would still have resulted in a free kick and likely goal, but who knows what would have happened in the last 30 minutes if GPS was at full numbers...

http://www.tssaanetw...om/events/43631

D

Edited by CHAMPDDS