South Pittsburg at Gordonsville (Grider against this Marshall man)

Roy Dillard

Especially if they fumble it into the hands of a linebacker heading the other way . . . and muff some punts and kicks.

Old Pirate ain't sure who leads the team in fumbles lost. Fumbles of any kind are not the recipe for success. It is obvious to OP the Pirates don't do much or any drills on ball security. OP seen a clip of UTC QB running and holding the ball properly. Figure if the colleges do it regularly the high school players really need it too! Leastways the Pirates do...........them fancy ball catching gloves don't seem to help neither....

BTW, Old Pirate says given the tough schedule this team has played, this team ain't...... skeerd, nor are the speedsters, that a feller can take to the bank!

Dad burnit younguns, lets go get them GV fellers and shows them fellers......that the Pirates are........a force to be respected, while others are sometimes a flash in the pan but the Pirates from SP are more than that!

Edited by OLD PIRATE

You are right. SP is 2 Legit 2 Quit. They won't quit, it's the other intangibles I worry about.

Will they continue to tackle poorly?

Will they have an abundance of turnovers?

These things have made a difference in the losses. If they continue to do this against GVille, SP will get hammered.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Its hard for me to get on here and read all the negative stuff week in and out. I try to not be biased but some of you so called Pirate fans as well as others that think this game isnt going to be a dog fight have another thing coming. THIS IS SOUTH PITTSBURG your talking about! We are not Friendship Christian or any other school for that matter. We have been doing this for 50 years! This isn't our first rodeo. We have great coaches, great kids that come from great families and have proved we know how to win on Friday nights. For the ones that want to be a hater and sit behind your computer and bad mouth the team and especially coaches just to make you feel like a big about yourself then you should GTHO! Your not wanted here by anyone and you d@mn sure are not a Pirate. Only a coward would type behind a computer and bad mouth the team and coaches when you dont have the stones to come out from behind your mask. SMH Haters can keep doubting

As for this team we have yet to play like we can. The ability is there so if we can put it all together Friday we will shut up the doubters. Can we? Yes. Will we? I dont know. Gordy has a great team this year for sure and it will take our best effort to date. We just gotta play sound football (no fumbles, missed tackles and stupid penalties) and stop making things harder than they need to be and as the eraser would say HIT SOMEBODY! (and wrap up)

Contrary to what some say I know for a fact the coaches and players will be ready.. Everyone needs to man up and show support cause this game will be worth the price of admission. This is the 2 best teams in 1A this year. I dont care what anyone else says, this is the State Championship.

Edited by TonyHorton91281

Its hard for me to get on here and read all the negative stuff week in and out. I try to not be biased but some of you so called Pirate fans as well as others that think this game isnt going to be a dog fight have another thing coming. THIS IS SOUTH PITTSBURG your talking about! We are not Friendship Christian or any other school for that matter. We have been doing this for 50 years! This isn't our first rodeo. We have great coaches, great kids that come from great families and have proved we know how to win on Friday nights. For the ones that want to be a hater and sit behind your computer and bad mouth the team and the coaches just to make you feel like a big about yourself then you should GTHO! Your not wanted here by anyone and you d@mn sure are not a Pirate. Only a coward would type behind a computer and bad mouth the team when you dont have the stones to come out from behind your mask. SMH Haters can keep doubting

As for this team we have yet to play like we can. The ability is there so if we can put it all together Friday we will shut up the doubters. Can we? Yes. Will we? I dont know. Gordy has a great team this year for sure and it will take our best effort to date. We just gotta play sound football and stop making stupid mistakes and as the eraser would say HIT SOMEBODY! (and wrap up)

Contrary to what some say I know for a fact the coaches and players will be ready.. Everyone needs to man up and show support cause this game will be worth the price of admission. This is the 2 best teams in 1A this year. I dont care what anyone else says, this is the State Championship.

Well said Toney well said....But.....Haven't you heard???? The Gmen have more size...The Gmen have better the better line...The Gmen have more returning players....The Gmen play better D...The Gmen want revenge...Did I mention The Gmen have 20 SR's??? Tell them again Ambassador!!! He better prepare himself...It's happening Mr Horton!!!! TRAINTRACKING!!!!! Coming to a field near you!!

Guest Purplepastry

Someone said something about our guys are fast because they are scared to get hit...our 3 running backs like contact....they break a lot of tackles...it just so happens that they can also make people miss...This game will be a good old fashioned football game....It will have highs and lows....Gordonsville will actually be in a ball game for the first time since the start of the season and I think that excited their players...On the flip side facing all this negativity, SP is excited about rising to the occasion. Should be fun to watch.

I will say this Perp is right on this one. I have often refered to SP's backs as rabbits many times, but it should not be assumed that they are timid runners. I will say that Hale and Johnson in particular are not shy about putting the shoulder down. Hale and the Zeman boy from MC are a lot alike in that they prefer to run over people as it provides more traction.

I will say this Perp is right on this one. I have often refered to SP's backs as rabbits many times, but it should not be assumed that they are timid runners. I will say that Hale and Johnson in particular are not shy about putting the shoulder down. Hale and the Zeman boy from MC are a lot alike in that they prefer to run over people as it provides more traction.

Just curious as to .....What about Lankford and Stone? U think them to b scared rabbits?