7-AAA Baseball M TN

jboro

Brent Stockstill's leg injury during football season is public information so I do not mind repeating that injury. He may not get to play at all this baseball season. The other injury that I have been told about may or may not be public, or even as serious as I was told, so I will not give out a name but he is a key player and it will be hard to replace him if true

• 2 weeks later...

National Championship Game Football - Check

Old Timers Banquet - Check

Super Bowl - Check

Groundhop Luncheon - Check

Baseball is just around the corner. Finally!!!! It is going to be a great year. Hard to say if there is a clear favorite as years past. I think there are some really good teams this year in the district and more evenly matched than years past. Hard not to say Oakland will not be good with how they plaed last year and all the people they have returning. They will be strong. Yes, siegel has had a couple of key injuries but they have a lot of depth. I am sure some of the young guys will step up and they will be as competitive as always. Riverdale will have many spots to fill with new faces. Have to be patient this year at first with so many spots to replace from last year but they will be very competitive. Blackman will be good just not sure of their depth. Smyrna and LaVergne probably have the least amount of depth and biggest questions marks. Trying to put all of these in order is anyones guess and we would all be bias and put our own at top so let's just say it is going to be a more balanced district than the past few years.

For what it is worth here is another opinion. Can't wait for the season to get here. Going to be an emotional one as it will be our last high school season. How did that happen???? Good luck everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Practice has been in full swing for a few weeks and everyone should have a couple of scrimmages behind them now. Now that you have gotten to see the teams in action how are they shaping up? I still think it will be a wide open district. Does anyone think there is a clear favorite starting to surface? Opening day less than 1 week away. Looking forward to a great spring.