Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

Those guys did "back up your boasts" dbFAN91. I thought they were the 3rd and 4th best runners of the football on the field last night. Both of these young men most certainly have the athletic ability to play on Saturdays.

And btw, Rebel Fans, the GovMan is still undefeated as a "pre-game chapel speaker"! Two more, Rebs.

Missed opportunities Govman. If I would have known you were doing the Chapel I would have bet the house and my Basset Hound......well....not my Basset Hound but certainly the house.

I'm.gonna miss this group of seniors. Best ever. Good luck with everything in the future boys. You'll always be a part of the Tribe.

Now, I cant believe how some of you Maryville people call us classless. Everything we did last nihht is a part of our tradition. Just like your team walking through the stands or running through the banner on the field. So we were just doing what we do. Just like you do. Our band is awesome so no reason to dosrespect that progrqm either. Don't expect any respect frpm me because you've won all those championships. You guys put your pants on just like we do. I think we should have won last night if not for the turnovers. And deep inside you guys know you dodged a bullet last night. It was aweful quiet on your side when it was 27-20. Wasn't it? DB should have walked out woth a big fat WIN!!! But I will say good luck the rest of the year. Looks like you caught a break with Siegals QB going down last night. Like you needed it. Anyway, Foreman and Swafford backed up what we said all week dolidnt they? I think Swafford might have had some recruiters looking last night. Oh well, thanks for a great season Indians and ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Hey dude, it is like this ... all those STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS were not voted on. I really do not require the respect from someone such as yourself. You do not have enough mental capacity to understand that you do not practice your traditions at someone elses house especially when you have been told not too. Why don't you just go watch some basketball or the band. I will say that 99% of your fans were very nice and it is unfortunate that yourself and a select few others from up there made all this pregame stuff so mean spirited and you are DISRESPECT in itself. I was really hoping on meeting you and ART last night but that did not happen.

I don't get on here often and I very rarely post, but I had to miss the game and watched the second half on the internet while getting texted regularly from about half the people in attendance so I wanted to catch up so here I am.

My heart hurts for Haden today. I have been SO proud of him this year. He has already had a heck of a year. Greyrider/Dad, I know what it feels like and it hurts terribly.

For the rest of you: this is one really great young man. He is typical of the reason that MHS is so good every year--plays with all of his heart and all of his ability. It has been a joy to watch him this year and a privilege to be a part of his last four years.

Thanks Clemson DAD this means a lot. Still hopin'.

Maryville is a machine. Class all the way. You could even tell what kind of team they had by the way they conferred with the coaches during time outs. And eleven players running off and eleven running on possesion change...well that's how it is done. As professional as a high school team can be.

DB....They are what they are. The hypocrisy is stifling. As they say.."What goes around comes around".

Those guys did "back up your boasts" dbFAN91. I thought they were the 3rd and 4th best runners of the football on the field last night. Both of these young men most certainly have the athletic ability to play on Saturdays.

And btw, Rebel Fans, the GovMan is still undefeated as a "pre-game chapel speaker"! Two more, Rebs.

Not only undefeated but maybe the catalyst for all the success since the 5th game of 2000!

Well, my last post on this thread and what a thread it's been. I wish great health and happiness to all, and their families through the holidays and upcoming year. Believe it or not I told my family Maryville would be in the top 3 places in TN. I would want to live if choosing. Good people, great football town and just far enough away from K-town, but could be in Neyland in a hop, skip, and a jump.Good Luck Rebels I will be pulling for you to beat the west !

Well, my last post on this thread and what a thread it's been. I wish great health and happiness to all, and their families through the holidays and upcoming year. Believe it or not I told my family Maryville would be in the top 3 places in TN. I would want to live if choosing. Good people, great football town and just far enough away from K-town, but could be in Neyland in a hop, skip, and a jump.Good Luck Rebels I will be pulling for you to beat the west !

Thanks again O&W . We really did enjoy the game and the fans. Its what makes friday night around here. Good luck to DB next year, would love a rematch.....Lots of nice properties if your looking We always like football fans B)

hey pepvol good seeing you last night. i agree with your post, lots of chest thumping from db. they have a really good band tho dont they???.....semper fi old friend

Hey JetJock !! Awesome man , just what this place needs is another Jar Head in the Mix !!! EWWWWW RAAHHHH!!! Semper Fi !

Hope you Start posting a lot , Nice to have even more Rebel Blood on here !

Great game by Maryville last night. What a game by Trenton Shular. I wouldn't trade Maryville's 2 headed RB monster(Shular and Prevo) for any other running backs in the state. Those 2 young men are talented and play hard. OLine blocked well. Nick Myers had another great game.

Defensively Maryville gave up the yards but limited the big plays. Did a great job staying in position. Malik Foreman and Devon Swafford are very talented.

Hate to see Haden Townsend get hurt. Haden is a typical Maryville player. He plays hard and with a ton of heart.

I thought the Dobyns Bennett band was awesome.