Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

It's always good when injuries are not severe, and glad the Maryville player's prayers were answered. But it's unfortunate that the Siegel QB's prayers were not answered. Where was God for him? As if Maryville needed any more breaks. It would've been nice to at least see a competitive game.

It's always good when injuries are not severe, and glad the Maryville player's prayers were answered. But it's unfortunate that the Siegel QB's prayers were not answered. Where was God for him? As if Maryville needed any more breaks. It would've been nice to at least see a competitive game.

Hey Gator , just so you know , every time Prayed for my son I also prayed for Stockstill. I do not like to see any of them get hurt.

But it's unfortunate that the Siegel QB's prayers were not answered. Where was God for him?

gator, I, like Greyrider prayed and will continue to pray for the Seigal QB.....And who knows...maybe he plays with a brace and the Maryville LB doesn't play....And you asked "Where is God for him"..???.....Well He's in the same place he's always been......ON HIS THRONE and answering the prayers of His children.......My dad was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in March 2000 and I prayed and believed that God would and could heal him....He had extensive treatments and had would show some improvements time to time, but the cancer would come back.....He died in May of 2001.....I was hurt and even mad at God when He died.....But one day shortly after my dad's funeral, God revealed to me that my dad was healed and he was with Him (God).......So God faithfully answered my prayer....Maybe not the way I would have preferred or intended....But really in a more miraculous and wonderful way than I could have ever hoped for.....So the next time I see my dad, he will be healed and healthier than he ever would have if he were still here with me.....And He promises this to us in His Word....Romans 8:28....."And we know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose"...........God Bless....

Edited by STARSNBARS

Great answer Stars. God is always listening to our prayers. What we pray for and what the future holds is in His will not ours. I had an injury just like the

one the player has now when i was a senior at MHS many moon ago. I did not think that answered my prayers when i couldnt play. but in the long run my

prayer was answered, because i was going to play ball in college at a school in upper east tn but since the injuried happened i was not able to. Changed

my outlook on what life was really about and went to another school, met my wife of 15 years now and a great job. So, if you think God does not listen he

does, it might just not be what we need or want right now. Have a blessed day.

gator, I, like Greyrider prayed and will continue to pray for the Seigal QB.....And who knows...maybe he plays with a brace and the Maryville LB doesn't play....And you asked "Where is God for him"..???.....Well He's in the same place he's always been......ON HIS THRONE and answering the prayers of His children.......My dad was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer in March 2000 and I prayed and believed that God would and could heal him....He had extensive treatments and had would show some improvements time to time, but the cancer would come back.....He died in May of 2001.....I was hurt and even mad at God when He died.....But one day shortly after my dad's funeral, God revealed to me that my dad was healed and he was with Him (God).......So God faithfully answered my prayer....Maybe not the way I would have preferred or intended....But really in a more miraculous and wonderful way than I could have ever hoped for.....So the next time I see my dad, he will be healed and healthier than he ever would have if he were still here with me.....And He promises this to us in His Word....Romans 8:28....."And we know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose"...........God Bless....

Thanks Stars.

What you say is SO true. I've seen God take things like these and turn them into wonders too many times to count. Maybe a mystery to us but He knows full well WHY. Thanks for sharing this. I have a lot of repect for you and your insight, and more insight into who STARS really is.

Good comments from all...just really hate it for the Siegel kid after such a good season and career. And second year in a row that this has happened before this game...makes one wonder if God plays favorites. But I commend everybody on their faith...so much stronger than mine. Good luck to all involved this Friday.

Good comments from all...just really hate it for the Siegel kid after such a good season and career. And second year in a row that this has happened before this game...makes one wonder if God plays favorites. But I commend everybody on their faith...so much stronger than mine. Good luck to all involved this Friday.

when you have a team full of small , clumsy & slow little boys likr the REBS do you need all the help you can get/

Stars this is the best post i have read on here in a long time! To many people seem to forget the Good Lord! He is every where for all of us!

I will be in Murfreesboro are this weekend. If I wear my Dobyns-Bennett apparel so you know it's me....will you Rebel supporters welcome me and let me show my support for the best team in East Tennessee and soon to be state champions again...Maryville Rebels?

Sure will , maybe you could catch a ride with Sweetscience and Big John !! FEAR THE SPEAR !!!!!!!