Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

This is just stupid. Just like grey said, we don't need your respect. Listen real close right before we run onto the field and you'd know you've come into the house of the 15 time and back to back state champs. We've got all the respect and championships we need, and we'll give thanks for all of it Thursday morning before practice.

You should have known, just like I did, that the game was over when we ran right over your stud DE and past your world class speed to score on our first play from scrimmage

:thumb::bored:

WOW! What a game , I could not attend due to family issues but I was able to catch the replay today and I guess I will be reading all night to catch up on this thread. First I want to send my prayers out for #39 Hayden Townsend , I hope the young man is all right and can get back in the mix we're going to need him. Trenton Shular happy birthday and what a game you had son , I think they know who you are. Maryville Rebels your QB is leading you very well and you are all impressive to watch. Defense , what can be said but fantastic job. #15 , #79 ,#53,#95 ,#72 , #39 you guys handled some big ol boys Friday night. I will not miss another one. Here's to practicing on Thanksgiving morning! I see that the crowd finally showed up.

Edited by weaklink

What does DB have coming back next year? Kids like #6 and #8 don't come around often.

Obviously, there are some huge shoes to fill with #6, #8, and #88 graduating with a handful of other senior starters. This has been a great group of seniors. 4 of the 5 O-line will be back. Zach Casey the fullback will be back. Nick Sensaubaugh #74 will be back. He is a monster on the d-line and played some O-line the last few games. Sure, there are some big time players leaving, but I don't think the cupboard is bare. We'll have to wait to see how it plays out.

Obviously, there are some huge shoes to fill with #6, #8, and #88 graduating with a handful of other senior starters. This has been a great group of seniors. 4 of the 5 O-line will be back. Zach Casey the fullback will be back. Nick Sensaubaugh #74 will be back. He is a monster on the d-line and played some O-line the last few games. Sure, there are some big time players leaving, but I don't think the cupboard is bare. We'll have to wait to see how it plays out.

Well, yall still got some solid players coming back. Was impressed with your stars last night. Wish yall the best up yonder there in NE TN!

Well, yall still got some solid players coming back. Was impressed with your stars last night. Wish yall the best up yonder there in NE TN!

Thanks.I was very proud of the effort, but just came up short. I guess the last 42 teams that have played Maryville would say the same thing. I think last night could be a real positive for these young men returning next year for them to work even harder in the off season. Maybe we will get a chance to see the Wildcats next year. I'm hoping that game can be added back to the schedule if possible. I wish Oak Ridge the best of luck as well, unless they are playing the Tribe. haha.

Thanks.I was very proud of the effort, but just came up short. I guess the last 42 teams that have played Maryville would say the same thing. I think last night could be a real positive for these young men returning next year for them to work even harder in the off season. Maybe we will get a chance to see the Wildcats next year. I'm hoping that game can be added back to the schedule if possible. I wish Oak Ridge the best of luck as well, unless they are playing the Tribe. haha.

Thanks, buddy. I agree on the pulling for us unless were playing your guys part, i feel the same lol...OR will be down i'm afraid next year. But, we will be back in a year or 2. Losing a TON of SR's off this years team will hurt next year. And yessir, no shame in losing to Maryville. I can probably say us, D-B, and Alcoa gave them their best game of the year. Some will argue Bearden and West did, though. So far, at least. If they get past Siegel, i think Whitehaven will be a load to handle. But, i never count that fine gentleman George Quarles out of a ballgame. Seen him beat more talented teams then Maryville way too many times. Whitehaven last year was a fine example of that.

Edited by SweetScience