Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

• 1 month later...

Maryville won this game.......no doubt about it. I was reading through the thread and did not see much about the crowd. I think the gates opened at 5:00. I was there at like 5:10 and the DB (visitor) side was almost full. By 5:30 the DB (visitor) side was full and DB fans were filling up Maryville's side. I talked to many fans on both sides.....DB and Maryville. Quite a few said DB had equal or more fans. I wondered the same thing from where I sat. Not trying to make Maryville upset, but in your own house I expected to see more of a crowd. I have seen crowds of 14,000 at DB. At Maryville vs DB there was probably 8,000. I have been to most Maryville vs Alcoa games and they are lucky to get 10,000. So my question is (and this is something of a double edge sword) are Maryville fans so used to winning that they show up less? I mean I was at Maryville vs DB game and if there were 8,000 there at worst 3,000 were DB. From what I thought, and others (both DB and Maryville fans) it was equal. Discuss, don't get mad. I just thought more Maryville fans would be there

Maryville won this game.......no doubt about it. I was reading through the thread and did not see much about the crowd. I think the gates opened at 5:00. I was there at like 5:10 and the DB (visitor) side was almost full. By 5:30 the DB (visitor) side was full and DB fans were filling up Maryville's side. I talked to many fans on both sides.....DB and Maryville. Quite a few said DB had equal or more fans. I wondered the same thing from where I sat. Not trying to make Maryville upset, but in your own house I expected to see more of a crowd. I have seen crowds of 14,000 at DB. At Maryville vs DB there was probably 8,000. I have been to most Maryville vs Alcoa games and they are lucky to get 10,000. So my question is (and this is something of a double edge sword) are Maryville fans so used to winning that they show up less? I mean I was at Maryville vs DB game and if there were 8,000 there at worst 3,000 were DB. From what I thought, and others (both DB and Maryville fans) it was equal. Discuss, don't get mad. I just thought more Maryville fans would be there

I would guess that a combination of many years of Maryville going way past the third round and the fact it was very cold and the game was going to be on tv,had something to do with it.You would think every playoff game would get all teams fanbase excited the most,but even some of DB's home crowds have been weak for the playoffs as well.All that said,I'm thankful ART saved me and my boy a seat on the visitors side during this playoff game.

Bud ewe arr rite...Furst hit wuz on tha tee vee.....Seccund a lott ov fanz haiv gott fatterer and haipy.....Thurd sum ov tha MHS administrayshun haz maid hitt vurry unfriendlee fer tha stewdunts and a lott ov tham jist don't want two bee hassled and do othur thangs on Fridee nites now.....jist my opinyun..... :popcorneater:

Bud ewe arr rite...Furst hit wuz on tha tee vee.....Seccund a lott ov fanz haiv gott fatterer and haipy.....Thurd sum ov tha MHS administrayshun haz maid hitt vurry unfriendlee fer tha stewdunts and a lott ov tham jist don't want two bee hassled and do othur thangs on Fridee nites now.....jist my opinyun..... :popcorneater:

Yep, that sums it up - I think. The tv plays a bigger factor for me. My family of five costs nearly $50 to get and adding in the pizza, cokes, and hot chocolates. I think that's close to the price of 50 wings at a local eatery that has tv's and heat. (Un)Fortunately , most of our great matchup games have been over fairly early. After several of those games, I start looking at other options. With that said, it is still a very good atmosphere deep in the playoffs at murvil high. I'd like to see some seats put on top of coach story's facility at the end of the field. Maybe if I paid the $35 more often we could afford to do it!