Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

I think most of the Rebel posts are from classless Maryville students. Like the fat kid who waved goodbye to our stands last night after the game. You guys won so why bash us. Some of you are fun to talk to but others need to grow up.

Now here's a classclass comment you can quote. Much like Alabama in college I am tired of seeing them succeed, I hope this year doesn't produce another championship because of the disrespect you have for us. So there's some ammo for you and no I ptobably wont read it so happy hunting boys. ROLL TRIBE

I think most of the Rebel posts are from classless Maryville students. Like the fat kid who waved goodbye to our stands last night after the game. You guys won so why bash us. Some of you are fun to talk to but others need to grow up.

Now here's a classclass comment you can quote. Much like Alabama in college I am tired of seeing them succeed, I hope this year doesn't produce another championship because of the disrespect you have for us. So there's some ammo for you and no I ptobably wont read it so happy hunting boys. ROLL TRIBE

I would guess you would like to see Maryville succeed in the playoffs?? If they do win the championship, i seems it would hurt less to lose to the ultimate champion. Not just another team you could have beaten if you were there. just my thoughts

I think most of the Rebel posts are from classless Maryville students...

This reminds me of a funny story I heard last night. A Rebel Cheerleader and her friend were walking to their car when a bunch of D-B male students yelled at them, "Maryville $uck$, your're just a bunch of preppy Maryville Girls." They replied, "Did you not see the scoreboard... We're pretty good." The D-B males replied, "Well, we've got a better band." The MHS girls replied, "In what Universe is that even relevant"

I was so proud... It's all about football down here.

Anyway, Foreman and Swafford backed up what we said all week dolidnt they? I think Swafford might have had some recruiters looking last night. Oh well, thanks for a great season Indians and ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Those guys did "back up your boasts" dbFAN91. I thought they were the 3rd and 4th best runners of the football on the field last night. Both of these young men most certainly have the athletic ability to play on Saturdays.

And btw, Rebel Fans, the GovMan is still undefeated as a "pre-game chapel speaker"! Two more, Rebs.

Edited by GovMan

Those guys did "back up your boasts" dbFAN91. I thought they were the 3rd and 4th best runners of the football on the field last night. Both of these young men most certainly have the athletic ability to play on Saturdays.

And btw, Rebel Fans, the GovMan is still undefeated as a "pre-game chapel speaker"! Two more, Rebs.

I could have and would have squeezed you in G. I saw a former WBer we both know, who now lives in Kingsport at the game also.

I don't know about that Jet.Watching you win it all and knowing this might have been the year would suck pretty bad as well.I would rather Maryville win it as a team from west TN,but it's not going to make a loss any better .When you win or lose,you shake hands and go on.It's hard to do,and you hate it when the seniors play their last high school game,but it's part of life.A very hard part of life when your a parent of one of those kids.Didn't have a kid playing but I know how that feels.

Edited by BatmanDB

This reminds me of a funny story I heard last night. A Rebel Cheerleader and her friend were walking to their car when a bunch of D-B male students yelled at them, "Maryville $uck$, your're just a bunch of preppy Maryville Girls." They replied, "Did you not see the scoreboard... We're pretty good." The D-B males replied, "Well, we've got a better band." The MHS girls replied, "In what Universe is that even relevant"

I was so proud... It's all about football down here.

Speaking of class, did you notice how Maryville side stood and gave the DB band a standing ovation. Thats how we roll down here. We do show respect for our foes.Hope DB fans had a safe travel back home. Thanks for the great game and making my throat hurt this morning . :thumb:

I don't know about that Jet.Watching you win it all and knowing this might have been the year would suck pretty bad as well.I would rather Maryville win it as a team from west TN,but it's not going to make a loss any better .When you win or lose,you shake hands and go on.It's hard to do,and you hate it when the seniors play their last high school game,but it's part of life.A very hard part of life when your a parent of one of those kids.

I understand ..... been in your shoes before...hurt for my son when they lost in cookeville a few years ago maybe we will meet again and soon I no longer have sons playing, but still make it a point to go....its all about tradition

I don't consider anyone classless per se'. People are passionate about their team and that's as it should be. This was a new and not so good experience for me as i'm stuck in Jacksonville at a conference and missed my first playoff game in nearly 20 years. We Maryville fans know how blessed we are to have the program and coaching staff we have. We have good players primarily due to player development, discipline and execution ALL of which are by products of our coaching staff. DB has a fine team. Art, Waco, OW,Batman, Grad70 you guys are all ok in my book. Best of luck next season. You support your team well. My wife RAVED about how good your band is also.

If you were there at the end of the game ,you would have noticed the dozens of 7,8, 9 year old boys running around playing football. Their dream is to play Rebels Football. If you watched real close you would have seen their faces as the score mock touchdowns. The pure excitement of them just being on THAT field is a dream in the making. I will be watching those same kids in the next few years playing on that field. This is how Maryville has become a tradition. Just the pure love of the game. Nothing more,Nothing less

yeah...litle boys run around the field at J Fred as well on Friday nights dreaming of playing on the field some day. There is more to it at Maryville and it begins with the coaches and it ends with the players being sound and executing to perfection...you have 2 opponentsif you want to get the victory: you can't beat yourselves and then you have to beat them DB didn't do either very effective last night and they got what everybody else got, sent home to get ready for basketball.