hickman county @ milan--- who ya got?

thedawg44

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how big is Coleman?

Coleman is a beast! Don't let anyone fool you. If Hickman can't handle him on offense or defense then game over. CPA played Milan last year in one of the most physical games I have ever seen in high school and Coleman was as good as advertised.

Milan is a great place to play by the way. They love their football and have the hardware to prove it!

no!

Tell me why it won't happen. Milan has the front 7 to shut down the running game of Hickman and when Hickman goes up against an athletic secondary, they have trouble passing the ball. It will be a struggle on the offensive side of the ball for Hickman, unless Milan has dropped off a considerable amount the last two years.

It depends what Hickman team comes out to play IMO. I have seen Hickman come out and drive the ball down a #1 ranked defense of Giles county easily for a touchdown. And I have seen Hickman come out and get stopped 3 and out easily against weak defenses. I have seen Hickman come out and pass the ball extremely effectively against quick Db's such as Page and Marshall. People dont understand is, penalties are what have killed us this season in big games. 2 big passing plays called back against Page, 1 which was a touchdown. We've also had many pick 6's called back due to penalties. All in All i cant count the number of times I've seen this offense start a drive 1st and 15 or even 1st and 20. That kills drives that could have led to points. They come out focused and no penalties, then they can play with just about anybody.

Actually in the first game against East Hickman in which we lost, we had 2 touchdowns called back on a game we lost by 1 point. And the second game against East Hickman, last week, we had a pick 6 called back due to offsetting penalties. Penalties are part of the game, and making no excuses for these boys, but minus penalties and they can keep a game close with just about anybody IMO.