Marion (9-2) vs FSC (10-1)

98nationalchmps

That's good and all, but you're talking about a just above average high school football team and one of the best college teams year in and year out, no comparison. We'll put MC in their place

May very well happen, but I am guessing our boys will show up and play the game just for the heck of it..........I guess a team that recruits kids from penn should beat lowly marion county...........man what it will feel like to be in the presence of greatness

May very well happen, but I am guessing our boys will show up and play the game just for the heck of it..........I guess a team that recruits kids from penn should beat lowly marion county...........man what it will feel like to be in the presence of greatness

and if you're real lucky, you'll get to sit next to the legendary, shadowy figure of a moonshine making man from from Cosby, Doyle Hargraves

Guest Purplepastry

I look at Friday as an opportunity to give FSS a grand send off before they go and play with the privates. I think I speak for all of the "overall crowd", as FSS proponents have called people like us, MC will be honored just to be in the same arena of competition as FSS.

P.S. to the MC fans: wear a coat over your overalls and zip it up high as I believe this will be shirt and tie affair. We will have an opportunity to have people like CondomanderMan and Fss06 expose themselves to us so we can see their good Christian nature. It may be our last chance.

Old MCR had a little time to kill this morning, so I did a little statistical analysis for every one to critique. I figured I couldn't do any worse than anyone else. I took the last 6 games of the season because Marion had no spring practice. It took these young'uns that long to figure out that the wing T was a football offense and not part of a chicken.?! Taking that in to account neither team has played a strength of schedule to hang their hat on. FCS has scored an average of 45.7 points/game, while Marion has averaged 47.3 points/game. Marion has outscored opponents by an average of 27 points, while FCS has outscored opponents by average of 31 points. So maybe this will help some of these FCS people understand why some of us Marion posters are no awed by the hype of FCS! I expect FCS to score points, just like I expect Marion to score points. I expect Marion to be the underdog. Leave the Warriors in it and there record in close games speaks for itself.

Old Pirate, you must of dropped off some of those "Rose Colored Glasses" on your way to Gville!