Nashville Christian vs Huntingdon Mustangs

Brummy

Both teams should be very proud of their boys for making it this far. I expect all the boys on both sides of the ball this Friday to play with class and respect that has come to be known from these two teams.

That being said I think it will be a closer game than the Huntingdon fans are expecting. There is lots of hype around #7 as there should be, but NCS has an explosive powerhouse in #'s 50 and 52 in their defense. Huntingdon runs an offense that says "Here's the play we're running. I dare you to try and stop us." So far I haven't seen any team answer Huntingdon's challenge, but look for an answer from those boys come Friday night.

NCS's problem will come in lack of depth past a running game. Huntingdon's defense will likely shut that down by the second half. Very few passing plays have been run by the NCS offense in the playoffs. It'll be a close game, but I'm calling an upset.

Eagles-38 Mustangs-35

Hey ballfan15,

We have no idea what to expect from this Huntingdon team except for what we hear from the faithful on here :). But did want to set something straight about the NCS passing game. It is very capable. But if you've only been watching playoff games, then true you haven't seen much of it. But there's an obvious reason you haven't seen much of it. We've scored a lot of points and moved the ball very effectively on the ground. If Huntingdon can stop that, our hats off to them. And if they do, we'll move the ball with our passing game. I may have to come back on Saturday and eat some crow, but these predictions (from the home crowd) of us only scoring 10 points or so are cracking me up.

Edited by NCSdad1962

Hey ballfan15,

We have no idea what to expect from this Huntingdon team except for what we hear from the faithful on here :). But did want to set something straight about the NCS passing game. It is very capable. But if you've only been watching playoff games, then true you haven't seen much of it. But there's an obvious reason you haven't seen much of it. We've scored a lot of points and moved the ball very effectively on the ground. If Huntingdon can stop that, our hats off to them. And if they do, we'll move the ball with our passing game. I may have to come back on Saturday and eat some crow, but these predictions (from the home crowd) of us only scoring 10 points or so are cracking me up.

Just wondering, do you have someone besides your qb passing the ball? His stats 14 of 25-141yards 1-td 4-ints.

Hey ballfan15,

You misunderstood, sir. I know very much what your #16 is capable of. I expect Huntingdon to shut down the running game quickly, but I'm still picking NCS to win it. That's because the Eagles have a passing game that has not been exploited in the post season, one the Mustangs may not be entirely prepared to defend on top of such an aggressive running game from #7. If you'll notice I also have both teams scoring over 30 points. It's going to be a defensive game at PW tomorrow night. Whoever can stop the other team more effectively and quickly will most likely be your winner.

Good luck to the you guys. It's great to be an eagle on Friday night!

The computers are picking them Mustangs also

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

[2012] Huntingdon (TN) 42, [2012] Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN) 17

If "the computers" are always so accurate we would be getting a President Romney in January. Stang #29 might be watching the second half from the sideline after a few hits from NCS #52, #50, and #22. A second half without #29. Put that in "the computers" and recompute Mustangs50!

You misunderstood, sir. I know very much what your #16 is capable of. I expect Huntingdon to shut down the running game quickly, but I'm still picking NCS to win it. That's because the Eagles have a passing game that has not been exploited in the post season, one the Mustangs may not be entirely prepared to defend on top of such an aggressive running game from #7. If you'll notice I also have both teams scoring over 30 points. It's going to be a defensive game at PW tomorrow night. Whoever can stop the other team more effectively and quickly will most likely be your winner.

Good luck to the you guys. It's great to be an eagle on Friday night!

Hey ballfan15,

I pulled out your original post just to comment on our ability to throw the ball. I could tell you weren't one of the "home town faithful" on here.

I said this early on but should mention again. #16 is a coach's son - meaning he plays very smart. His ability to throw downfield will definitely be a big factor tonight if H shuts down our running game.

And two other factors to consider if this is a close game:

1. Mentioned this earlier also - we will not be outcoached. Our head coach is brilliant.

2. Our PK is money from the 40 and in - capable of 50 in a dire situation.

Edited by NCSdad1962

If "the computers" are always so accurate we would be getting a President Romney in January. Stang #29 might be watching the second half from the sideline after a few hits from NCS #52, #50, and #22. A second half without #29. Put that in "the computers" and recompute Mustangs50!

To suggest that the NCS defense will put Warbritton out of the game is like a grown man who believe in Santa Clause. It's not reality. This kid is tough and hard to bring down. Very much like your #7. THe biggest differance is the wall of blockers he has leading the way. So gettng a good hit on him is gonna be difficult. I know you are supportive of your team and have every right to be proud. But to imply that your team can get to #29 when team that are far better than you could not is........a fairy tale.

To suggest that the NCS defense will put Warbritton out of the game is like a grown man who believe in Santa Clause. It's not reality. This kid is tough and hard to bring down. Very much like your #7. THe biggest differance is the wall of blockers he has leading the way. So gettng a good hit on him is gonna be difficult. I know you are supportive of your team and have every right to be proud. But to imply that your team can get to #29 when team that are far better than you could not is........a fairy tale.

Well said my friend Huntingdon will win this game and go on to become the new State Champion's.