DeKalb Co Girls Basketball

Stealer007

Upperman is definitely very down this year. I was surprised. I'm not bashing by any means, but Upperman and DC are definitely the bottom two in the district. We lost by 3 tonight I think and it was a low scoring game. Very slow paced and not enough movement offensively. It appears our offense consists of.. Stand at your favorite spot to shoot the three and hope someone on the other team forgets to guard you. Then when you get the ball and are covered it's back to square one. Something has to happen in the post play at some point. Sounds harsh, but it's so evident.

We had no game plan. I'm a DC fan through and through. Went to school K-12 in DeKalb and I still will admit we had NO game plan any different than any other game. All we do is stand behind the three point line hoping for an open shot. It beats the weaker teams when they leave wide open threes, but district opponents are going to eat you alive inside. That's exactly what keeps happening, too. Yes we had a chance to win, but it was because Upperman is VERY down this year. It was hard to believe how down they actually are. The game was slow, shots were poor, passes were poor. On both sides of the ball. Play the way we did against them against any other district opponent and it would've been blown open early.

We will need a very complete game. Central Magnet is good this year and already has district wins against teams we failed to beat. BUT this year is so weird everyone seems to have good and off nights alot. They have a 5 point loss to Cookeville. Solid team that we didn't put up a fight against, but before that beat a Notre Dame team that DeKalb beat worse. Then you have Cannon losing to Warren who has been blown out by most other teams including DeKalb. The district IMO is very strange this year. When we played Livingston I really was surprised and still to this day think that was the best game we've played all season. I don't know where the team went that played LA, but we haven't played at that level ever since. We are CAPABLE, but we aren't executing.