How much does it cost for DB or SH to travel to Knoxville?

blazer1set

There has been a lot of talk about Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill trying to play more Knoxville teams next year in order to better prepare for the playoffs. The counter argument is always that it costs too much to travel to Knoxville. Could somebody break down what the cost actually is? I can see fuel for several busses costing hundreds of dollars, but is there something more to it?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a lot of talk about Dobyns Bennett and Science Hill trying to play more Knoxville teams next year in order to better prepare for the playoffs. The counter argument is always that it costs too much to travel to Knoxville. Could somebody break down what the cost actually is? I can see fuel for several busses costing hundreds of dollars, but is there something more to it?

A pre-game meal for an entire team is going to cost in the $1,200 to $1,500 range, and then pizza or sandwiches afterwards another couple of hundred or so. For a trip that long, it would necessitate something more than school buses, which aren't cheap in this day and time.

I don't know the total answer as to what it cost for DB's football team to travel,but I'm sure it's within their means to travel and play anywhere they want.A lot of folks help out when it comes to those cost.Number one that comes to mind is the quarterback club.They are a monster for raising money every year and is made up of parents and people that just love DB.

So, just to be sure. You really are talking about Knoxville, this time? Correct? B)

I'm sorry. I couldn't resist. That was like a big fat slow softball, not a fastball like Carter County Legend Jarfly throws. :rolleyes:

Now that you brought it up,they may be talking about where the

Knoxville McGhee Tyson Airport

"Knoxville airport " is located :popcorneater:

Edited by BatmanDB

Yeah but DB has a 400 member band with a semi for band stuff. Great band but expensive to travel with. Unlike Oak Ridge's band, best left at home, and use a pep band.

I like the band and don't think that would be a problem for DB.However,The band goes all over the place for competitions and shows without the football team.A couple of years back they were at a competition during a playoff game.It's always great to have the band there,but it's a football game first and DB's football team also needs good competitions even if the band can't make it for whatever reasons.I think it was WB or Bearden on the road a few years ago without the band and the fans went down on the field with little kazoos so the team could do the walk.Dumbest thing I ever seen,really missed the band that night.

A pre-game meal for an entire team is going to cost in the $1,200 to $1,500 range, and then pizza or sandwiches afterwards another couple of hundred or so. For a trip that long, it would necessitate something more than school buses, which aren't cheap in this day and time.

Do they not get a pregame meal and snack after every game?????

Edited by Pioneersports