How much does it cost for DB or SH to travel to Knoxville?

blazer1set

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa

How far is Alcoa from Maryville ? Were getting that bus closer all the time !

Alcoa is a city in Blount County, Tennessee, United States, south of Knoxville. Its population was 7,744 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Knoxville, Tennessee Metropolitan Statistical Area.

As its name suggests, Alcoa is the site of a large aluminum smelting plant owned and operated by the Alcoa corporation. Formerly known as North Maryville,.......................Shoot,if I keep on I might even think Maryville is a part of Knoxville myself !

Edited by BatmanDB

Now that I-26 is complete, D-B & SHHS would be even better served to add an extra hour to the trip and go over to the SC Upstate region. Byrnes, Dorman, Greenwood, Gaffney, etc would give them a look at athleticism that they wouldn't see anywhere else in Tennessee, and without the pitfalls of playing a team in the regular season and maybe facing them again in the playoffs.

Looks like Science Hill will be coming to the Knoxville area next year. It's my understanding from the Powell side that a contract is yet to be signed, but that a home and home agreement has been agree to with Powell to play in week zero with the 2013 game to be played at Powell.