Championship game: Oak Ridge 64 Farragut 44

3rd place game: Catholic 59 West 42

5th place game: Bearden 65 Dobyns-Bennett 63

7th place game: Heritage 63 Loudon 44

In the Semi-finals Oak Ridge defeated Catholic 59-51

Farragut defeated West 51-39

Consolation bracket: Dobyns-Bennett defeated Loudon

Bearden defeated Heritage

First round action: Catholic defeated Heritage, Oak Ridge defeated Bearden, Farragut defeated Dobyns-Bennett and West defeated Loudon.

The All Tournament team was:

Javien Johnson post: Oak Ridge

Tyler Clark wing: Farragut

Eli Cox guard: Catholic

Jones Albritton post: Catholic

Matt Halverson guard: Dobyns-Bennett (also the tournament MVP averaged 22 ppg)

Edited by QSouth89

• 2 weeks later...

I am an aau coach and watched the freshman tournament at Knox catholic... Two kids really stood out to me.

Javien Johnson- Oak Ridge- kid is long and a total athlete. Has the chance to be a pretty good player. Kids in this tournament just couldn't match up with him physically. Needs to improve basketball IQ and ball handling but at the freshman level he will dominate. If he played at 10 other schools in Knoxville that didn't have the talent that Oak ridge does he would undoubtedly be a varsity player we would be talking about.

Matt Halvorsen-Dobyns Bennett- the day I watched he filled it up in two games going for 24 and 25. He is only about 5'7 but BOY OH BOY OH BOY.... HE CAN SCORE THE BASKETBALL!!!! He did it any way you wanted it done. He drained 3's. He hit mid range. He hit floaters. He got to the rim. He is a little bit slow and not very strong, but he didn't let it phase him. Like Johnson, if he were on any team besides Science Hill or Dobyns Bennett in the Big 8 he would be a starter at the varsity level. I haven't seen a scorer like him at the freshman level in a LONG time. And like I said... I'm an aau coach and have seen a lot of kids at this level.

If anybody knows how to get in contact with these kids please let me know.