CAK vs. Milan ( This Bradley man vs. this Morris man)

Roy Dillard

No question, I was referring to the statement of "Compared to the classes we have seen come through CAK the past 3-4 years the upcoming classes have a ways to go to measure up". I think if you stick around a little while longer, I think you'll be right back to what you're accustomed to shortly! No one will read this post in a couple years, so I'll go ahead and go on record saying I think this freshman class will win a State Title when they're seniors, with the MS QB at the helm, and a lowly freshman named Howell catching balls :thumb: Hopefully our Alcoa brothers, and the McClurg twins over there, don't read this thread... :? haha

Who would possibly believe that some kid named "Howell" could catch the ball? Weather? Maybe. But catching passes?

Edited by Govolsknox

No question, I was referring to the statement of "Compared to the classes we have seen come through CAK the past 3-4 years the upcoming classes have a ways to go to measure up". I think if you stick around a little while longer, I think you'll be right back to what you're accustomed to shortly! No one will read this post in a couple years, so I'll go ahead and go on record saying I think this freshman class will win a State Title when they're seniors, with the MS QB at the helm, and a lowly freshman named Howell catching balls :thumb: Hopefully our Alcoa brothers, and the McClurg twins over there, don't read this thread... :? aha

I will definitely defer to you on the evaluation of this years freshmen and the MS. Certainly not my area of expertise since I haven't been around those guys or been able to watch them play enough to have a good assessment. The State Title assertion is certainly a bold one, but I will be there to watch it if that happens (good Lord willing).

I will definitely defer to you on the evaluation of this years freshmen and the MS. Certainly not my area of expertise since I haven't been around those guys or been able to watch them play enough to have a good assessment. The State Title assertion is certainly a bold one, but I will be there to watch it if that happens (good Lord willing).

Like I said, if it doesn't come to fruition, hopefully no one will remember what I said! Now, I know that its Middle School football, but this year's freshmen handily beat every middle school team they faced as 8th graders except for Fulton but including Farragut, Powell, Bearden, and Grace. The only team that really handled them was... *gulp* Alcoa :unsure:

Like I said, if it doesn't come to fruition, hopefully no one will remember what I said! Now, I know that its Middle School football, but this year's freshmen handily beat every middle school team they faced as 8th graders except for Fulton but including Farragut, Powell, Bearden, and Grace. The only team that really handled them was... *gulp* Alcoa :unsure:

Wait! Middle School!! You mean these kids aren't recruited but they have played together before!? They've played together longer than 4 years!? That's not fair. FOUL!!!!!!!!! FOUL!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BRPro

Coachlogan, I understand that the MS QB was injured off and on during this season. Is that correct? And if so, how did that effect the match up with these other teams? Also, does there appear to be good talent around him?

Edited by Govolsknox

Coachlogan, I understand that the MS QB was injured off and on during this season. Is that correct? And if so, how did that effect the match up with these other teams? Also, does there appear to be good talent around him?

I don't intend to steal Coach Logan's thunder, and he might disagree with my assessment, but my impression is that there is a considerable amount of athletic ability in the class one year ahead of the MS QB and the class one year behind him as well.

I don't intend to steal Coach Logan's thunder, and he might disagree with my assessment, but my impression is that there is a considerable amount of athletic ability in the class one year ahead of the MS QB and the class one year behind him as well.

Govolsknox,

With C. Smith, the MS football team's record was 5-2-1, with the losses coming to Fulton and Maryville, both top MS programs in the area, and the tie coming against a Bearden team who CAK had no business tying, as in, we should've won that game handily. His injuries, I think we deduced, were due to growing pains. He has grown around 4 inches since his 7th grade year and I don't know that he has totally gotten used to his body yet, ha. With that said, he's a special talent. A very rare talent. Its a sad reality, but if C. High was C. Smith's height, he would probably be receiving D1 offers.

Warriors2011,

I can say that I've seen every class of football players since the inception of the program. I'm very much convinced that the class of 2016 will join the classes of 04, 10,11, and 12 as one of the best the program has ever had. They're that good. The current 7th grade class has some very good ballplayers in it too, but I think with the exception of a couple, the jury is still out on what they'll be like as a whole. A few legacy players in there that should be fun to watch. For those that know, we could be lining up a Howell, a Pegram, and a High at receiver next year, wouldn't that be slightly nostalgic? :flower: The real gem is that I believe that with 3 or 4 of the current freshmen, and 3 or 4 of the current 8th graders, we have the makings of another stout offensive and defensive lines. Boys that really do love the game.

Govolsknox,

With C. Smith, the MS football team's record was 5-2-1, with the losses coming to Fulton and Maryville, both top MS programs in the area, and the tie coming against a Bearden team who CAK had no business tying, as in, we should've won that game handily. His injuries, I think we deduced, were due to growing pains. He has grown around 4 inches since his 7th grade year and I don't know that he has totally gotten used to his body yet, ha. With that said, he's a special talent. A very rare talent. Its a sad reality, but if C. High was C. Smith's height, he would probably be receiving D1 offers.

Warriors2011,

I can say that I've seen every class of football players since the inception of the program. I'm very much convinced that the class of 2016 will join the classes of 04, 10,11, and 12 as one of the best the program has ever had. They're that good. The current 7th grade class has some very good ballplayers in it too, but I think with the exception of a couple, the jury is still out on what they'll be like as a whole. A few legacy players in there that should be fun to watch. For those that know, we could be lining up a Howell, a Pegram, and a High at receiver next year, wouldn't that be slightly nostalgic? :flower: The real gem is that I believe that with 3 or 4 of the current freshmen, and 3 or 4 of the current 8th graders, we have the makings of another stout offensive and defensive lines. Boys that really do love the game.

How many of the upcoming freshmen will, in your opinion, be ready to play significantly next year?

How many of the upcoming freshmen will, in your opinion, be ready to play significantly next year?

With a full offseason of working out, and praying the good Lord grows em a little, I'd say that 2, the QB (who could play a myriad of positions from QB, WR, OLB, to DB) and one of the linemen. I think he is physically more gifted than #79, who saw time this year as a freshman. His natural leverage, quick feet, and gifted athleticism for a boy his size, probably will invoke images of a young Kendrick, same motor too though. Another lineman is about as tough as a $2 steak, but I think will get stuck behind a player that will surprise many next year, #71, a current freshman. I'll be honest, I could see anywhere between 5-10 freshmen and sophomores playing big minutes next season for the Warriors, part of my reasoning of why I think this team will be so good during the 2015 season

Edited by CoachLogan74

hey footballdad did you read the johnson city press story. It was blasting cak and all private schools for playing in public division. He actually had some good pts. Just thought I would get your opinion

In my opinion, the writer actually takes away credit from what Elizabethton was able to do on the field. I have a feeling none of the Elizabethton faithful would take a moral victory away from a "pure state championship victory" against a team they didn't even play. To give a team like the Cyclones a handout like that, if you will, demeans their on the field play. Who knows what would have happened if there was a 5th quarter that night? Programs like Elizabethton don't need moral victories. The writer is a jackwagon for even insinuating such. Even though he acknowledges the game went down to the final minutes, his repetition of "not an even playing field" makes it sound like Elizabethton was blown out (no pun intended) of their own stadium. Ridiculous. Play 6A or Division II? Stop it. Anytime you have to say something like "I know it sounds like sour grapes but its not...", its probably about to be a bunch of sour grapes...

hey footballdad did you read the johnson city press story. It was blasting cak and all private schools for playing in public division. He actually had some good pts. Just thought I would get your opinion

I just now read the article after you made me aware of it in your post. He hasn't stated anything that hasn't been written or said before, nothing new here. I've been somewhat desensitized to all of this "private school" bashing. But since you asked I will reply. (FYI: I attended public schools and coached public school kids). This topic doesn't come up when the private school is going 0-10, only when we are winning. Having a designated zone, like the publics have, guarantees you a pool of potential players. Privates have no guarantees. Publics talk about playing with the guys that get off the bus, well, the privates have to play with the ones whose parents can come up with $$$$$ annual tuition plus continue to pay taxes that pay for that bus the publics are riding on. That's a very limited pool, especially in this economy. The advantage of privates being able to take kids from anywhere is diluted by (1) the highest multiplier in the nation @1.8, (2) the "No Child Left Behind" law that allows kids in metro areas to transfer from school to school outside of their zone if the school they are zoned for isn't meeting standards, which are a lot of them, (3) bogus "Educational Custodianships" that put star athletes miraculously in public schools they aren't zoned for. And (4) open zoned publics having the same advantage to take students outside of their designated zone as privates but without the 1.8 multiplier. My point is that in many ways, publics have advantages over the D1 complying privates. But I understand that there are always going to be people who feel like this writer, I'm just not one of them. Betsy has app. 778 students, CAK has app. 427 Maybe he is right, there isn't a level playing field. :D

• Upvote 1