CAK vs. Milan ( This Bradley man vs. this Morris man)

Roy Dillard

hey FBD. IT'S THE DAWG HERE. ALWAYS ENJOY READING YOUR POSITIVE COMMENTS. CONGRATS TO CAK ON THEIR WIN LAST NITE. JUST HOPING MY DAWGS CAN STOP THET ARIEL ATTACK SOMEHOW AND USE THEIR POWERFUL RUNNING GAME TO THEIR ADVANTAGE IN THIS ONE. GUESSING THIS ONE WILL COME DOWN TO HOW GOOD CAK'S DEFENSIVE LINE PLAY'S VS. HOW GOOD MILAN'S DEFENSIVE BACKFIELD PLAY'S. HOPING FOR A GREAT GAME OR MILAN BLOWS YA'LL OUT(lol). EITHER WAY MAYBE MILAN CAN GET THAT ELUISIVE 5TH GOLD BALL.

Whoof whoof, there Mister Dawg. :D You guys looked good last night. I thought you won it at the LOS. Milan appeared to control the tempo of the game from start to finish. Of course the CPA turnovers certainly contributed mightily. If Betsy could have held onto a few unusually errant throws by our QB then you would be speaking with a bunch of Cyclones today about next weeks game with them instead of us. Hopefully, we've got that out of our system. Offensively we are a mirror of last years team, only 1 starting player graduated off that offense, but defensively we lost 7 guys, so it has made the journey back to Cookeville adventurous to say the least. This should be a classic game between two very good football teams with contrasting styles of play. Good players on both sides and a big stage to show case it on. That's all you can ask.

Very good analysis. I don't want to be disrespectful in any way to Betsy, they earned everything they got last night, but IMHO I do believe the emotional and physical toll from the 2 Alcoa games within about 3-4 weeks on our already thin roster did have some influence on our performance. The tackling was poor at best, but the good news is that we know it can be better. The Rathbone loss is big, but we have a week to find an answer. CAK will need to have another Alcoa-like performance to beat Milan. No tricks or gimmicks, just straight at you hard nosed football, just like what the Tornadoes bring at you. Big challenge for my Warriors. But we just need one more point than the purple people eaters at the end of the game. Thanks for the support, we need it.

FBD - from what I saw last night you guys have nothing close to a "thin" roster. Especially for a 3A school. Impressive squad for sure...

FBD - from what I saw last night you guys have nothing close to a "thin" roster. Especially for a 3A school. Impressive squad for sure...

Thanks for the compliment. We are blessed with some outstanding athletes no doubt. Maybe I should refer to it as a lack of depth rather than as "a thin roster". Just under 60 players including our freshmen.

Making no bones about it..... Milan has to do exactly what they did last night to have a chance to win this game. 0 Turnovers for Milan and 4 for CPA. Also grind the ball and control the clock..... keep it moving. Milan had the ball for over 30min time of possession last night!! Gotta do it again!!!

Milan has to pound the Football and keep the clock moving this game. Arkel Coleman is the real deal but that CAK Offense is scary. Pulling for Milan but CAK takes their 2nd straight State Title over Milan

Thats right BigPurple tell Morris to watch the Huntingdon tapes, maybe he'll think of a way to keep control of that clock. CAK's going to score almost every time gotta keep it away from them 4 sure.

Whoof whoof, there Mister Dawg. :D You guys looked good last night. I thought you won it at the LOS. Milan appeared to control the tempo of the game from start to finish. Of course the CPA turnovers certainly contributed mightily. If Betsy could have held onto a few unusually errant throws by our QB then you would be speaking with a bunch of Cyclones today about next weeks game with them instead of us. Hopefully, we've got that out of our system. Offensively we are a mirror of last years team, only 1 starting player graduated off that offense, but defensively we lost 7 guys, so it has made the journey back to Cookeville adventurous to say the least. This should be a classic game between two very good football teams with contrasting styles of play. Good players on both sides and a big stage to show case it on. That's all you can ask.

hey. turnovers are part of the game. just a matter of being in the right place at the right time. how many games you seen when there weren't turnovers?

Here's my prognosis for this game, without giving away anything that isn't already public knowledge or accessible through film.

Fair or unfair, based solely on last years head to head result CAK will be considered the favorite by most. I would prefer for CAK to be the underdog, but thats not the reality right now, although I believe I could give you enough good reasons why we should be the underdog that even Lou Holtz would be proud. ;) While I strongly believe each year's team is its own entity, I do believe the manner in which CAK won the last game will provide more overall benefit to CAK than Milan. The Bulldogs will no doubt use it as motivation and will have learned a great deal from that encounter. But I know it is practically impossible for Milan coaches and players to not have some mental thoughts that will come into play when they walk onto the field against basically the very same offensive players as last year that lit up the scoreboard. The same offensive players that are 3-1 in their last 4 encounters with one of Milan's biggest nemesis, Alcoa. And I believe the Warriors now know they can compete on this big stage rather than just thinking or hoping they can like maybe they felt last year since they had never played Milan or in a state championship game. If CAK gets off to a good start I believe some self doubt may set in for the Bulldogs, that's human nature. Hesitation hurts performance.

Health and depth will be an advantage for Milan. CAK is dinged up a bit, no secret there. There is a significant drop off in talent in most (not all) positions when we have to sub. Both teams are well coached, so both should be prepared to play and give a good accounting of themselves. Arkel Coleman could be the best back we have faced, although Alcoa and Betsy had some good ones themselves. Our defense is not as good as last year overall, so I expect that we will give up more points to Coleman and Company than we did last year. But we've managed to play with enough heart and soul to make it this far.

The key for Milan: start strong and build some confidence. Chew up the clock and keep CAK's offense on the sideline. Match score for score and be there at the end. Don't let the score get away.

The key for CAK: limit turnovers and penalties, and try to get a few take aways. Tackle better, make the stops when the opportunities present themselves, limit Milan's 3rd and long or 4th down conversions, don't panic if we get down a score or two because we know we are capable of scoring quickly, be patient and take what Milan's defense gives us.