CAK vs. Milan ( This Bradley man vs. this Morris man)

Roy Dillard

Here's my prognosis for this game, without giving away anything that isn't already public knowledge or accessible through film.

Fair or unfair, based solely on last years head to head result CAK will be considered the favorite by most. I would prefer for CAK to be the underdog, but thats not the reality right now, although I believe I could give you enough good reasons why we should be the underdog that even Lou Holtz would be proud. ;) While I strongly believe each year's team is its own entity, I do believe the manner in which CAK won the last game will provide more overall benefit to CAK than Milan. The Bulldogs will no doubt use it as motivation and will have learned a great deal from that encounter. But I know it is practically impossible for Milan coaches and players to not have some mental thoughts that will come into play when they walk onto the field against basically the very same offensive players as last year that lit up the scoreboard. The same offensive players that are 3-1 in their last 4 encounters with one of Milan's biggest nemesis, Alcoa. And I believe the Warriors now know they can compete on this big stage rather than just thinking or hoping they can like maybe they felt last year since they had never played Milan or in a state championship game. If CAK gets off to a good start I believe some self doubt may set in for the Bulldogs, that's human nature. Hesitation hurts performance.

Health and depth will be an advantage for Milan. CAK is dinged up a bit, no secret there. There is a significant drop off in talent in most (not all) positions when we have to sub. Both teams are well coached, so both should be prepared to play and give a good accounting of themselves. Arkel Coleman could be the best back we have faced, although Alcoa and Betsy had some good ones themselves. Our defense is not as good as last year overall, so I expect that we will give up more points to Coleman and Company than we did last year. But we've managed to play with enough heart and soul to make it this far.

The key for Milan: start strong and build some confidence. Chew up the clock and keep CAK's offense on the sideline. Match score for score and be there at the end. Don't let the score get away.

The key for CAK: limit turnovers and penalties, and try to get a few take aways. Tackle better, make the stops when the opportunities present themselves, limit Milan's 3rd and long or 4th down conversions, don't panic if we get down a score or two because we know we are capable of scoring quickly, be patient and take what Milan's defense gives us.

Everything you said was right on the money!! I would say that Milan needs to take the ball first and try to drive the field and eat up some clock. It would be nice to go up 7-0 and take 7-8mins off the clock. If CAK gets the ball first and scores some doubt could start to set in for the DAWGS!!

Milan will need more than 16 points to win this one, because CAK is a lot better than CPA. Coleman got the ball 47 time in the CPA game and only one touchdown. One man running the that much will not beat CAK. CPA lost but they limted Milan to 16 points and had a chance to tie the game up with 1 minute left in 4th quarter. CAK can live with Coleman getting two hundred yards and one touchdown.

Milan will need more than 16 points to win this one, because CAK is a lot better than CPA. Coleman got the ball 47 time in the CPA game and only one touchdown. One man running the that much will not beat CAK. CPA lost but they limted Milan to 16 points and had a chance to tie the game up with 1 minute left in 4th quarter. CAK can live with Coleman getting two hundred yards and one touchdown.

you're right, unless cak turns the ball over like cpa did.

He only scored one TD your right, but Milan had a few long drives that ended with

No points and a missed field goal. The good thing for Milan was those long

Slow drives eat up a lot of clock and keep CPA's offense off the field. Time

Of possession .....Milan 30 min. CPA 18 min. I agree 16 pts will probably

Not win this game and CPA's offense does not compare to CAKs, but time of

Possession is very important. I don't know how many CAK players are on

Both sides of the ball, but playing defense for 30 min takes a toll on you.

I'm good with Coleman getting 300yds and 3 td's if CAK wins.

I feel like 'we' are going the wrong way; or at least I'm concerned we might be. I'm a little nervous after last week's near turnovers. I haven't seen that out of this team before.

Obviously 'we' can't turn the ball over or 'nearly' turn it over like we did last week. I don't believe there will be missed opportunities this game like there was last game and Milan will take advantage of those kind of opportunities (I'm sure Betsy might have as well on another night). We got lucky.

We are bruised, battered, almost worn out and lack depth. We've struggled against the run all year, much moreso than last year's team. Coleman and Milan's run game could easily control the tempo keeping our offense cold.

We have to up our game big time to win this one.

Edited by BRPro

I don't know if Milan can pull out a win but I know the game will be a lot closer this year. This Milan team all year has been called "down" and continued to surprise everyone. Milan's run game is unbelievable with Coleman and occasionally Bryson. Powell's throws have been more accurate and improved as the season has progressed. Good luck to CAK but I sure hope Milan could bring home that Gold ball.

Rich City Kids vs the Country Boys?

My child isn't on the football team but does attend CAK. I can't speak for the individual football players, but I know our family isn't 'rich' and we are making huge financial sacrifices to send our child to this school.

There are times we struggle to make ends meet and do without in order to make these tuition payments. I'm sure we aren't the only ones. Not everybody at CAK is rich (but sometimes I wish I was! haha).

Edited by BRPro

My child isn't on the football team but does attend CAK. I can't speak for the individual football players, but I know our family isn't 'rich' and we are making huge financial sacrifices to send our child to this school.

There are times we struggle to make ends meet and do without in order to make these tuition payments. I'm sure we aren't the only ones. Not everybody at CAK is rich (but sometimes I wish I was! haha).

i understand. I have family that lives in knoxville and they arent too high on the public education there. We are lucky to have a very good school system in milan

BRPro: it is refreshing to have a "new" CAK poster, we need more. I am enjoying reading your posts. FYI: The labeling as rich, arrogant, recruiting cheaters is a common one directed toward private schools playing in the non-scholarship division (D1). Of course there are some rich families at CAK, just like there are at public schools, along with a few arrogant people as well. But for the most part I believe you, as a new poster for CAK, can be confident that the Warrior posters on CoachT along with our fans who attend the games have done a good job of debunking these labels. Take it in very good confidence that Coach Bradley runs a squeaky clean ship and abides by the rules. Most of this chatter is tongue in cheek rhetoric and for fun. Occasionally there is some mean spiritedness, but just keep a stiff upper lip. Also, keep in mind that anyone can get on here and post, including players and students, so you never really know who you are talking too or who is simply reading your thoughts. I know the players themselves read a lot of this, although they may say they don't, ha. And beware of "trolls": people who get on a thread and pretend to be someone or support a team that they really don't, they just get a kick out of stirring things up a bit. For what its worth, we're not one of the rich families either, my folks are from Baxter, I'm from Mt.Juliet when it was only a 1 traffic light town, and now I live in Powell. Not the pedigree of a financially rich man, but I am blessed for sure. Keep the posts coming :thumb: