CAK vs. Milan ( This Bradley man vs. this Morris man)

Roy Dillard

you fbd from reading your posts are pretty easy to figure out. while not being a filthy rich person. i know you're not doing too bad financially. i'm waiting to hear from brpro. i'm not trying to make this about publics vs. privates's athletically. we can beat that dead horse all day and you know how i feel about that. i'm just wondering about that financial thing.

My post was in response to Rigger101 posting "Rich City Kids vs the Country Boys?" and my only intent was to say not all CAK kids are 'rich city kids'. My intent is not to hijack a thread and I was not trying to sing a woe is me song. I am not saying we're poor, I'm just saying we have to make sacrifices as a family to make this work. We are not all rich.

By all accounts, I live in some of the best public school districts in Knoxville (West). Why do I pay for this and make the sacrifice? I want my child to have a Christian based education, I want my child to receive the best academic education available (CAK averages a 28 on ACT and 100% of graduates go on to a 4 year school with over $4 million in scholarships awarded last year) and if my child wants to play a sport, there is a real chance they will be playing for a state championship in almost whatever sport they choose.

In a nutshell, imho, I feel CAK is the best available to me and I'm willing to sacrifice for it. To us, it's worth it. CAK is a triple threat.

Edited by BRPro
  • Upvote 1

My post was in response to Rigger101 posting "Rich City Kids vs the Country Boys?" and my only intent was to say not all CAK kids are 'rich city kids'. My intent is not to hijack a thread and I was not trying to sing a woe is me song. I am not saying we're poor, I'm just saying we have to make sacrifices as a family to make this work.

By all accounts, I live in some of the best public school districts in Knoxville (West). I want my child to have a Christian based education, I want my child to receive the best academic education available (CAK averages a 28 on ACT and 100% of graduates go on to a 4 year school with over $4 million in scholarships awarded last year) and if my child wants to play a sport, there is a real chance they will be playing for a state championship in almost whatever sport they choose.

In a nutshell, imho, I feel CAK is the best available to me and I'm willing to sacrifice for it. To us, it's worth it. CAK is a triple threat.

2sgn082goodpost.gifExcellent post! iagree.gif

Edited by Govolsknox

My post was in response to Rigger101 posting "Rich City Kids vs the Country Boys?" and my only intent was to say not all CAK kids are 'rich city kids'. My intent is not to hijack a thread and I was not trying to sing a woe is me song. I am not saying we're poor, I'm just saying we have to make sacrifices as a family to make this work. We are not all rich.

By all accounts, I live in some of the best public school districts in Knoxville (West). Why do I pay for this and make the sacrifice? I want my child to have a Christian based education, I want my child to receive the best academic education available (CAK averages a 28 on ACT and 100% of graduates go on to a 4 year school with over $4 million in scholarships awarded last year) and if my child wants to play a sport, there is a real chance they will be playing for a state championship in almost whatever sport they choose.

now let's talk football. :thumb:

Hey RR, you must not have heard. They are going to rebuild him, like Steve Austin, bigger, faster & stronger than ever before. It only cost $6,000,000. But that's nothing for us rich folks B)

I was worried about how we were going to replace him, but I forgot....I'M RICH!!

Kidding aside, I read where we are going to try and replace him by committee? Can we replace him on defense?

Edited by BRPro

I was worried about how we were going to replace him, but I forgot....I'M RICH!!

Kidding aside, I read where we are going to try and replace him by committee? Can we replace him on defense?

Not really, but we have used him very sparingly there this year on defense. He didn't take a snap on defense against Betsy even before he was injured. The committee approach is likely. Despite the loss of his yardage and the availability for D, even bigger to me is the blitz pick ups. We can find ways to account for the lost yardage, but its more difficult to get a committee of guys in there who all understand the pass blocking schemes. Look for CH to be tutoring whomever is in there at RB as to precisely who he is suppose to block. Coach Bradley is becoming very experienced at dealing with issues such as this and I'm confident the offense will be prepared and ready to face the challenge.

Edited by FootballDad

Not really, but we have used him very sparingly there this year on defense. He didn't take a snap on defense against Betsy even before he was injured. The committee approach is likely. Despite the loss of his yardage and the availability for D, even bigger to me is the blitz pick ups. We can find ways to account for the lost yardage, but its more difficult to get a committee of guys in there who all understand the pass blocking schemes. Look for CH to be tutoring whomever is in there at RB as to precisely who he is suppose to block. Coach Bradley is becoming very experienced at dealing with issues such as this and I'm confident the offense will be prepared and ready to face the challenge.

hey fbd. who was the player that broke his leg in game last year? was he a senior?

The challenge will come from #90 Marshay Nunn, #72 Corliss Milan, #29 Arkel Coleman and #33 TJ Bryson. Hopefully these guys can get some pressure on High!!!