"The Real Deal" Giles Co.

rfbatboy

If you read the after game posts, those Giles guys are top notch. The love to talk smack because they love their football. They don't make it personal, just fun. They always compliment losing teams on what they did well. This weekend they lost and they were the first to admit defeat respectfully to the Fulton fans. If your trying to open a can of worms with them boys, you'll get it, but a thread to rub in salt is just no good in my opinion.

some people love to hate on winners.yes ,giles co.'s season is done,but it was still a great one. "real deal" means more than just winning, it means winning and losing with class,holding your head high regardless of the final score, which we have always strived to do .so mr. rf FAT boy , you evidently possess none of these qualitys and ain't got a clue what " real deal " means ! and when did krispy kreme start letting yall surf on your break ?

What Happened? Did You lose? Does the trash from this season make good nutrition for the crow your eating this weekend, cause I'm sure it's a repeat system and we will here it again next season.

Yeah we lost and yeah we eat our share of crow.But is Giles Co. the "Real Deal"? I think so.For years i remember Giles Co. being just your average,may be below average football team with some success in the late 90's.Then after that it was a chore to finish 500 heck I remember one year the only game we won was against Richland.Things changed a little in 06 when OC took over.Since 06 we've gone 75-17,playoffs every year,and a state title.So are we the real deal?

I am not the smartest man, but I knew from reading Giles’s post over this past season, that these guys like to have some fun. I never took them too serious. Folks that take some of this stuff way to hard and let it get under your skin. Giles County is one of if not the classiest school we have ever played. They are really coached well, and have great fans, and there players are not only good players but good kids.

I have no shame in losing to them in the playoffs…… The Giles East Ham game was a classic and was pretty physical there QB took some shots and never backed down. I also heard that they were a fineness team not physical yea, they can be physical when the want and hit us pretty darn hard. Please no disrespect to a very good Fulton team, you are the champion. But on the way home we talked that Giles might lose due the physical nature of our game and the emotion high of winning it. Then we said yea, I would worry about us if we had won. That was one heck of a football game to bounce off of.

I am not the smartest man, but I knew from reading Giles’s post over this past season, that these guys like to have some fun. I never took them too serious. Folks that take some of this stuff way to hard and let it get under your skin. Giles County is one of if not the classiest school we have ever played. They are really coached well, and have great fans, and there players are not only good players but good kids.

I have no shame in losing to them in the playoffs…… The Giles East Ham game was a classic and was pretty physical there QB took some shots and never backed down. I also heard that they were a fineness team not physical yea, they can be physical when the want and hit us pretty darn hard. Please no disrespect to a very good Fulton team, you are the champion. But on the way home we talked that Giles might lose due the physical nature of our game and the emotion high of winning it. Then we said yea, I would worry about us if we had won. That was one heck of a football game to bounce off of.

That was an amazing game to watch. And you are certainly on to something there. If either of our teams had won as easily as Fulton we may have had a better shot. It was draining to watch it had to be draining to play and coach. The TSSAA really should look at the pattern that exists across all segments but especially when it comes to 4A. All the most recent Champions come from quads 1&2 except for the year Giles was placed in quad 3. Each year the top 3-4 teams have come from 1&2.

And Cane, EH promises to be a very strong contender in 5A. Such a young school, such a quality program.