Region 1

Brooksbrothers

There is no doubt Region 1 will improve over the next few years. As Baller said, after last year's results, there is really no where to go but up. I'm not sure this year or next will be the break out year, but there are several strong clubs in East TN who have wrestlers coming to high school over the next few years. We have several club wrestlers from East TN who have been around for a while are competing well on the state level.

In addition, the presence of strong summer programs at King College and in Johnson City with ETWA will no doubt pay off as these wrestlers move into high school. I know its been mentioned on here before, but Heritage is a perfect example of summer work and a strong feeder program paying off.

It will take time, lots of summer work, continued dedication, and support from coaching staffs, but I won't be suprised to see a few Region 1 teams knocking on the door of top 5 at Franklin in the next 3-4 years.

There is no doubt Region 1 will improve over the next few years. As Baller said, after last year's results, there is really no where to go but up. I'm not sure this year or next will be the break out year, but there are several strong clubs in East TN who have wrestlers coming to high school over the next few years. We have several club wrestlers from East TN who have been around for a while are competing well on the state level.

In addition, the presence of strong summer programs at King College and in Johnson City with ETWA will no doubt pay off as these wrestlers move into high school. I know its been mentioned on here before, but Heritage is a perfect example of summer work and a strong feeder program paying off.

It will take time, lots of summer work, continued dedication, and support from coaching staffs, but I won't be suprised to see a few Region 1 teams knocking on the door of top 5 at Franklin in the next 3-4 years.

I agree TM lot of thanx to the young men of King who have put in the time and commitment to help develop these young wrestlers over the past few years with little in return but seeing their efforts start to pay off in the success of the wrestlers under their charge you and Martin and other club leaders in this region have contributed significantly!

I agree completely. Region 1 will improve over the next several years and the effect of club team participation can be seen from some of the kids in high school now. The kids that have taken advantage of groups such as ETWA, Team Tornado, and the rise of youth programs in the area are most of the kids i mentioned earlier in this topic as possible placers. Coaches and parents of those kids have provided them excellent training and put them in tournaments all over the state and country to face the best competition possible. Caleb and Twee, Derek and King guys, the Kings in Greeneville, and your group in Bristol are excellent examples of coaches that are dedicated to the growth and improvement of wrestling in Region 1. I have been lucky to be around most of these coaches and they are all a tremendous resource to our youth. Region 1 will only become stronger from their hard work.

Edited by baller95

It is evident that the ones who take advantage of opportunities during the summer are really standing out: Jon Boatman, Andrew Armstrong, Bryson Bagley, and Damian Hayes all had an extensive offseason of extra mat time and that's a huge reason why they will all compete for a state medal. Dalton Callahan and Logan Buck were also getting in all the extra work they could squeeze in and they also stand out.

We need more kids in the area to step up and be wrestlers for more than just 3 months out of the year. That is what is going to make this area better. The more times kids get to practice/ wrestle live with kids like Jon Boatman, Andrew Armstrong etc, the better they become, then when they get back to their school, the better their partners become. Then when teams are competing against eachother all year that have studs, the region gets better. It's a chain of events. This is a huge reason schools like Soddy and Cleveland are at the level they are along with the rest of the Chatanooga area.

Wrestlers cannot expect to be state medalist only wrestling during the 3 month seasons. There are great opportunities for the offseason in our area. Encourage your wrestlers to take advantage of them!

• 3 weeks later...