Region 1

Brooksbrothers

• 3 weeks later...

I dont care to try disregard or fire away - Ok Brooks here are my thoughts based on what I have seen and relying on Ballers earlier ranking in some cases and his vast first hand experience with Tennessee High school wrestlers - Science Hill is still the team to beat in AAA but Jefferson County likely is the best to come close for regional crown. Agree with Baller on AA/A Greeneville and Sullivan East, having seen both Greeneville will win their region.

Individuals: some I didnt change especially if I have no knowledge about the wrestler - in descending order if I only list 1 or two then they are my pick and everyone else scrambling for the remaining places

106- Atlas Fagundes (Greeneville)

Ben Riley (Science Hill)

113 - Jon Boatman (Greeneville)

Gary Hudgins (Science Hill)

120 - Chris Hinshaw (Seymour)

Sam Lane (Science Hill)

Jeremy Taylor (TN High)

Storm Williams (Mtown East)

126 - Andrew Armstrong (Sullivan South)

Matt Dammon (Science Hill)

132 - Max Vaughn (Science Hill)

138 - Jackson shannon (Jeff Co)

Shane Jesse (Science Hill)

145 - Austin Bagley (Science Hill)

Willie Stookesbury (Seymour)

Joseph Evon (Jeff Co.)

152 - Dont Know where Palmer is if he is in it - Palmer Begley (Dobyns Bennett)

Griffen Broyles (Mtown West)

160 - Eric Buck (Elizabethton)

dont know enough others to try

170 - I think Jared Bond (Greeneville)is at 170

Hunter Bagley (Science Hill)

Virgil English (Jeff County)

Josh Spangler (TN High)

182 - Marshall Brown (Greeneville)

Brailan Brown (Jeff Co)

195 - Trevor Shropshire (Daniel Boone)

Bryson Begley (Dobyns Bennett)

220 - Damien Hayes (Science Hill)

Kyle Bond (Sullivan South)

William Hayde (Jeff Co)

285 -

Like I said some I dont know enough about (Seymour) to really do much of anything with them

Edited by marshiebaby

I dont care to try disregard or fire away - Ok Brooks here are my thoughts based on what I have seen and relying on Ballers earlier ranking in some cases and his vast first hand experience with Tennessee High school wrestlers - Science Hill is still the team to beat in AAA but Jefferson County likely is the best to come close for regional crown. Agree with Baller on AA/A Greeneville and Sullivan East, having seen both Greeneville will win their region.

Individuals: some I didnt change especially if I have no knowledge about the wrestler - in descending order if I only list 1 or two then they are my pick and everyone else scrambling for the remaining places

106- Atlas Fagundes (Greeneville)

Ben Riley (Science Hill)

113 - Jon Boatman (Greeneville)

Gary Hudgins (Science Hill)

120 - Chris Hinshaw (Seymour)

Sam Lane (Science Hill)

Jeremy Taylor (TN High)

Storm Williams (Mtown East)

126 - Andrew Armstrong (Sullivan South)

Matt Dammon (Science Hill)

132 - Max Vaughn (Science Hill)

138 - Jackson shannon (Jeff Co)

Shane Jesse (Science Hill)

145 - Austin Bagley (Science Hill)

Willie Stookesbury (Seymour)

Joseph Evon (Jeff Co.)

152 - Dont Know where Palmer is if he is in it - Palmer Begley (Dobyns Bennett)

Griffen Broyles (Mtown West)

160 - Eric Buck (Elizabethton)

dont know enough others to try

170 - I think Jared Bond (Greeneville)is at 170

Hunter Bagley (Science Hill)

Virgil English (Jeff County)

Josh Spangler (TN High)

182 - Marshall Brown (Greeneville)

Brailan Brown (Jeff Co)

195 - Trevor Shropshire (Daniel Boone)

Bryson Begley (Dobyns Bennett)

220 - Damien Hayes (Science Hill)

Kyle Bond (Sullivan South)

William Hayde (Jeff Co)

285 -

Like I said some I dont know enough about (Seymour) to really do much of anything with them

Whitaker (east) will be in the finals at 113 and icenhour (east) also has a shot at 126

Jones (Tn high) is another contender for the finals at 160. He has shown major improvement from year to year.

Bond (Greenville) is at 170 now but will probably drop to 160. Buck, jones, and bond all have a good shot for the 160 title.

John Taylor (tn high) is at 32 and has a good shot as well.

I agree both Taylors should place at regionals I should have had John on the list to place at 132, others surely have a shot at placing at 126 but the win is out of the question in this region a healthy Armstrong will win at whatever weight 126 or 120 he settles at. I am sure you are right about Jones - just dont remember him. Also Gobble from South should place at his weight as well. Of course the above is just one sports fans opinion and although I think it is a good one you know what grown men say about opinions ;)

**The following predictions are made with absolutely no knowledge of Seymour's lineup**

106: Atlas (G) and Ben Riley (Hill) should definitely be the finalists here. That is, if Atlas can make 108 once Greeneville drops basically their entire lineup.

113: This should be a rematch of last year's 106 finals match with Jon Boatman (once Greeneville drops basically their entire lineup) and Gary Hudgins. Yes, Whitaker beat Gary once last year, but I do not see that happening again this year. He should finish 3rd.

120: This weight seems pretty wide open so far. I could see Taylor (TN) and Storm (MEast) in the finals if Storm ever makes weight. Don't know if that's going to happen though. Sam Lane (Hill) will be solid by the end of the year. He should qualify and possibly be in the finals after he spends a season making a lot of mistakes and hopefully learning from them.

126: This weight is sealed by Andrew. He'll be feeling good and hardly cutting any weight once the weight is 128. This is where he'll stay. He'll have a good shot in Franklin at 126. I would expect either Matt Dammann (Hill) or Corbin Hurley (TN) to make the finals over Icenhour, but those should be the top 4.

132: Another sealed weight class. Max Vaughn (Hill) shouldn't have any problem getting the title here. The rest seems pretty wide open. Taylor (TN) and Shelton (G) should qualify, but not sure who is going to make the finals with Max.

138: Justin Carlson should be in the finals (once Greeneville drops basically their entire lineup). Other than that, it's also kind of wide open. Gobble (South) could be there with him. Shane Jesse is another Hill kid that will hopefully learn from a long season of mistakes and could also be there. Both should qualify.

145: Austin Bagley (Hill) is looking great so far this year. He should be very hard to beat by Feb. Dalton Callahan (Eliz) should be the other finalist if he goes down to 45 as I think he should. He may stay up at 52 though. If Dalton is not there, Austin Frye (DB) could be the other finalist.

152: Palmer (DB) and Griffyn (West) are the obvious favorites here. Both have been around the sport for a long time. Dalton showed last year at the state tournament against Carson Schurlknight that he can upset anyone. If he stays at 152, I say he has just as much of a shot, if not more, than those two.

160: Also wide open. Buck (Eliz) worked hard this summer and shouldn't have any problem qualifying. Would like to see him in the finals. Jones (TN) also shouldn't have any trouble qualifying and has an equal chance to make the finals. I'd say Bond is probably the best in that weight right now (once Greeneville drops basically their entire lineup).

170: Freshman, Hunter Bagley (Hill) has had a good start to his season. I saw some good things from Spangler (TN) in preseason. Unfortunately there was also a lot of bad mixed in. These are two wrestlers that need to learn from a lot of mistakes this season before post season. Both should be qualifiers though.

182: With an undefeated record, Brailan Brown looks to easily win Region. Marshall Brown should be in the finals also. Although he may do better at 70 (once Greeneville drops basically their entire lineup).

195: This should be an interesting finals match against between Shropshire and Begley. Yes, Shropshire has lost a region match this year, but from what I hear, he's not opened up like he should. Being a returning state medalist, I think he'll be prepared by Feb. Bryson put a lot if time in this past summer. If he can match up strength wise, he'll do well.

220: This seems like another sealed weight class. Damian Hayes (Hill) is a forceful 220... And he will be ready to go 6 minutes if needed. William Hayde should be the other finalist.

285: There aren't any HWTs that have stood out to me yet. It seems to me right now that the last kid to fall on their back will be on the top of the podium after the region tournament.

**The following predictions are made with absolutely no knowledge of Seymour's lineup**

106: Atlas (G) and Ben Riley (Hill) should definitely be the finalists here. That is, if Atlas can make 108 once Greeneville drops basically their entire lineup.

113: This should be a rematch of last year's 106 finals match with Jon Boatman (once Greeneville drops basically their entire lineup) and Gary Hudgins. Yes, Whitaker beat Gary once last year, but I do not see that happening again this year. He should finish 3rd.

120: This weight seems pretty wide open so far. I could see Taylor (TN) and Storm (MEast) in the finals if Storm ever makes weight. Don't know if that's going to happen though. Sam Lane (Hill) will be solid by the end of the year. He should qualify and possibly be in the finals after he spends a season making a lot of mistakes and hopefully learning from them.

126: This weight is sealed by Andrew. He'll be feeling good and hardly cutting any weight once the weight is 128. This is where he'll stay. He'll have a good shot in Franklin at 126. I would expect either Matt Dammann (Hill) or Corbin Hurley (TN) to make the finals over Icenhour, but those should be the top 4.

132: Another sealed weight class. Max Vaughn (Hill) shouldn't have any problem getting the title here. The rest seems pretty wide open. Taylor (TN) and Shelton (G) should qualify, but not sure who is going to make the finals with Max.

138: Justin Carlson should be in the finals (once Greeneville drops basically their entire lineup). Other than that, it's also kind of wide open. Gobble (South) could be there with him. Shane Jesse is another Hill kid that will hopefully learn from a long season of mistakes and could also be there. Both should qualify.

145: Austin Bagley (Hill) is looking great so far this year. He should be very hard to beat by Feb. Dalton Callahan (Eliz) should be the other finalist if he goes down to 45 as I think he should. He may stay up at 52 though. If Dalton is not there, Austin Frye (DB) could be the other finalist.

152: Palmer (DB) and Griffyn (West) are the obvious favorites here. Both have been around the sport for a long time. Dalton showed last year at the state tournament against Carson Schurlknight that he can upset anyone. If he stays at 152, I say he has just as much of a shot, if not more, than those two.

160: Also wide open. Buck (Eliz) worked hard this summer and shouldn't have any problem qualifying. Would like to see him in the finals. Jones (TN) also shouldn't have any trouble qualifying and has an equal chance to make the finals. I'd say Bond is probably the best in that weight right now (once Greeneville drops basically their entire lineup).

170: Freshman, Hunter Bagley (Hill) has had a good start to his season. I saw some good things from Spangler (TN) in preseason. Unfortunately there was also a lot of bad mixed in. These are two wrestlers that need to learn from a lot of mistakes this season before post season. Both should be qualifiers though.

182: With an undefeated record, Brailan Brown looks to easily win Region. Marshall Brown should be in the finals also. Although he may do better at 70 (once Greeneville drops basically their entire lineup).

195: This should be an interesting finals match against between Shropshire and Begley. Yes, Shropshire has lost a region match this year, but from what I hear, he's not opened up like he should. Being a returning state medalist, I think he'll be prepared by Feb. Bryson put a lot if time in this past summer. If he can match up strength wise, he'll do well.

220: This seems like another sealed weight class. Damian Hayes (Hill) is a forceful 220... And he will be ready to go 6 minutes if needed. William Hayde should be the other finalist.

285: There aren't any HWTs that have stood out to me yet. It seems to me right now that the last kid to fall on their back will be on the top of the podium after the region tournament.

Interesting picks on your locks.

I would add Brockwell from Sullivan South @ 106. He looked good when i saw him and much bigger than last lear.

I think Vance from Gville could be in that 126 placement discussion also. That is if he wrestles up to his potential and makes the cut as you pointed out for all the Gville team. Shown flashes of being a placer at times.

Evon from Jefferson could be in that 145 mix.

Marshall Brown will probably be @ 170 but we will see. He wins the region there i believe. Brown from Jefferson is a tough kid and really been impressed with him.

I still think Cuddleback from Cocke Co is probably the most likely region finalist at Heavyweight. Lawson from Volunteer also.

Is Palmer Begley going to wrestle this year? I havent seen DB result with his name in there. Big brother Bryson's hard work is paying off with his win over Shropshire 6-2. Congrats on that quality win. Good to see a good kid work hard and see it start to really pay off.