Region 1

Brooksbrothers

Griffyn contacted me after I already had two kids in the 152 slot. He was willing to wrestle 160 because he just wanted as many matches as possible. He'll most likely weigh in under 157 and we'll get him some 152 exhibitions also.

I think a handful will do decent. Most all of them will take some beatings. It's a TOUGH tournament! But that's what it's all about during the offseason.

I like that kids from so many different schools get to travel together and compete on the same team. Those sort of trips were my most memorable moments from high school.

It's going to be a fun trip!

Edited by KingGreene

Elementary and Middle School Allstar teams are set!

60 kids showed up to The Hill tonight to compete for a spot on the Region 1 Allstar Team!

We have most all of the weights filled on the middle school team (and should be a very competitive team), but could use some help filling the upper weights on the elementary team. Please let me know if you know of anyone that may be interested in filling any of our empty spots.

The tournament is this Sunday after the State Tournament.

The Lineups are as followed.

Elementary

40: Stevie Davis- Alcoa

45: Riley Napier- Heritage

50: AJ Murphy- Admirals

55: Kolby Barrett- Alcoa

60: Tyler Napier- Heritage

65: Hunter Cass- Alcoa

70: Tyler Seeley- Admirals

75: Reese Nelson- Vikings

80: Cooper Flynn- Pigeon Forge

85: Ryan Wimbley- Alcoa

90: Joseph Frye- Admirals

95: Ashton Davis- Pigeon Forge

100:

108:

116:

125: Joseph Vananda- Heritage

135: Brody Sloan- Maryville

148:

190:

HWT:

Middle School

75: Anthony Torres- Liberty Bell

80: Zeke Larkins- Rebels

85: Dylan Lemons- Rebels

90: Trent Nelson- Vikings

95: Dillon Pendley- Vikings

100: Garrin Shuffler- Greeneville

105: Tim Fisher- Alcoa

110: Josh Teaster- Heritage

115: Grayson Reed- Greeneville

120: Dewey Pendley- Vikings

125: Collin Meade- Rebels

130:

135: Gavin Hurley- Vikings

140: Bryson Henley- Vikings

145: Griffin Judy- Liberty Bell

152: Noah Evans- Alcoa

160:

171: Jordan Barr- Vikings

190: Jeremy Spangler- Vikings

HWT: Sammy Evans- Alcoa

Congratulations to all these kids who get the chance to represent our region in the state dual tournament and get a shot at qualifying for the national dual team!

For Dixie?

A few changes:

Bradley has decided to put a team together, so Dakota Bromley will be joining their team. This leaves Vance as the only 132. I will most likely wrestle Corbin at 132 some also.

Max is focused on frolicking on the grass/beach and kicking balls right now, so he will not be attending. I'm glad that Shane will be getting all the matches at 138. I guess 50 wasn't enough for him to figure things out this season, so we'll keep adding to the number of matches and hope for the best.

Jimmy Bowman won't be able to attend, so Griffyn will be able to stay at his normal weight of 152 and split matches with Ben Rolston.

The 170 will be Raymond Kade from AL.

Very happy that Austin is buying all in this year wish he would have earlier but glad he is now! He has given up other sports for wrestling over the last two years and it is a decision that suits him and he is satisfied with. Austin will improve dramatically over this offseason and next year he has untapped potential growth and development as a wrestler!

Max has always been a very good soccer player too and there is room for kids to love and stick with other sports like Hunter as well with baseball and wrestle during the fall and winter and be respected and valuable contributors to the sport and the team.

Shane has improved and grown up so much from Sophmore to Junior under your guidance, I think next year will be a very good year for him as well!

Edited by marshiebaby