TWF TSSAA 2012-13 DI-DII WEEK 2 Rankings Are In

trickk

9025_banner.jpg

Did you make the boards? See if you moved up, on, or off the rankings this week... Let the debates begin!!!

Click here for Week 2 Rankings

Stephen Petricca

Vice Chairman

Tennessee Wrestling Federation

www.tennwrestling.com

*** Rankings are based largely on information from last year’s performance, current wins/losses, and head to head competition with other ranked members. As the season progresses and wrestlers move weights your ranking may move up, down, or off the rankings all together based on the competition in that particular weight class.***

why is there not a full 152 weight class for D2 even this early. that is where the majority of the state sees competition...

The simply hasn't been enough wrestling yet for 6 wrestlers to show that they should be ranked at that weight class.

Right now I can count 15 DII schools that have had a starter at 152 pounds but thus far only the five ranked have anything close to what I would consider criteria for ranking. There are several weights like this throughout the rankings. Is there a particular reason you brought up the 152 lb class?

When it comes to early season rankings I am only going to rank kids that have had results to show they have earned a ranking and have potentially separated themselves from the pack. This could be by winning big early season matches, high tournament placements, or previous results (last year's medal winners usually get into the rankings).

Hope that answers the question.