District 5-AAA

alt1958

you probably nailed it. besides the twin towers they will need others to step up for them to compete in the regional games. :popcorneater:

Not sure if there's any team in the Region who can compete with the Bearettes, but I'm basing that on the past few years.

Bradley's guards/wings aren't that bad, but they're not the typical talent they've had in the past. If McMinn's point guard, Haley Ward, played for Bradley, they'd be better. In my opinion, she's the best pure pg in the District.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, if we play District 6AAA in Regional play. Since McMinn has beaten both Cookeville and White County (1-1), I don't think any team from that District will beat the Bearettes.

The Bearettes has already beat both teams as well. I still think t hey run the table up to the sub state. Getting past that is going to be tough.

Yes, if we play District 6AAA in Regional play. Since McMinn has beaten both Cookeville and White County (1-1), I don't think any team from that District will beat the Bearettes.

The Bearettes has already beat both teams as well. I still think t hey run the table up to the sub state. Getting past that is going to be tough.

McMinn's girls beat Cleveland tonight so the Lady Cherokees are presently in second place with two losses. I figure Bradley will beat McMinn next week, so assuming that neither Cleveland or McMinn loses another District game, then they'll be tied since both will have 3 District losses. It's my understanding that in the event of a tie, the District seeding will be determined by a coin flip.

McMinn's Senior point guard Haley Ward reached and exceeded her 1,000th career point tonight.

cookeville can beat Bradley, not saying they will, but they've gotten pretty close.

Scores can be deceiving. McMinn beat Cookeville by 20 points earlier in the season, then a few days later lost to White County by 6-7 points. McMnn then beat White County after Christmas at a tournament in White County. I know that Cookeville played close against Bradley, but Bradley has also beat McMinn and White County soundly. On watching the games I have, I think White County is better than Cookeville, but once again I'm basing my opinion of three games I witnessed.

Cookeville and White County have virtually identical overall records, though Cookeville beat White County in a close game when they met the one time (they play again in a week or so). One odd thing I noticed is that both of them have only played 4 District games so far, so they each must have a lot of District games left to play.

Does anyone know where the Region games between Districts 5AAA and 6AAA will be played this year?

McMinn's girls beat Cleveland tonight so the Lady Cherokees are presently in second place with two losses. I figure Bradley will beat McMinn next week, so assuming that neither Cleveland or McMinn loses another District game, then they'll be tied since both will have 3 District losses. It's my understanding that in the event of a tie, the District seeding will be determined by a coin flip.

McMinn's Senior point guard Haley Ward reached and exceeded her 1,000th career point tonight.

In the case of ties, the tie-breaker is based on how your fared against the other teams in the district starting with the #1 team and working your way down, unless one of the tied teams swept the other team. In this case, you are correct if BCHS beats McMinn this Tuesday and then CHS, MCHS and BCHS win out. The tie-breaker is a coin toss.The important factor here is the #2 team would be bracketed opposite #1 BCHS and not have to face them until the district finals which also keeps them separated in the region until the finals, if both can advance without being upset.